42. Truth

"What do you mean it's a man?" Jung-kook asked M incredulously

He and Min-woo had been at the Yorkville house for almost fifteen minutes, inquiring about the mysterious stranger from two nights ago. As soon as they arrived, Min-woo requested an audience with the hostess, and also with the Duchess who served Jung-kook that fateful evening.

Both of them surmised that it could have been a man who attended to Jung-kook's needs that night, as they had no record of Jung-kook being with somebody other than BlueJay.

"Wait, I remember there was another woman who untied me," Jung-kook admitted, refusing to glance at his friend whom he could feel was smirking at his side. "The serf you introduced to me before... what was her name...?"

"Ahh.... you mean P?" the hostess suggested. "She wasn't supposed to......"

"No, no," Jung-kook interrupted. "She didn't, but she may remember something."

"Ah I see," M nodded. "We can ask her. She's working tonight."

The vassal appeared shortly and told the party what she encountered.

Jung-kook's face turned red as the possibility of the stranger being a guy became more apparent.

"I'm almost certain it was a Tiger," P assured. "I think you left right after he did."

The hostess brought out the guest book and checked the register. Sure enough, there was one Tiger who signed out earlier that evening. Further investigation showed that the aforementioned attendee was indeed a man.

Upon seeing the shocked expression on his friend's face, Min-woo patted Jung-kook's back. "Ah... male, female, that's a minor detail. You had the best night of your life, right?"

"Not the point," Jung-kook retorted, gritting his teeth. "I've been lied to."

"Did he tell you he's a woman?" Min-woo asked.

"No, he said nothing," Jung-kook replied.

"Did you ask?" Min-woo continued.

"Well, no," Jung-kook conceded, "but he should've mentioned something."

"So you just assumed," Min-woo stated.

Jung-kook's brows narrowed. "You're supposed to be helping me."

"I am helping you," Min-woo offered. "By telling you to open your eyes."

"If I had my eyes open, this wouldn't occur in the beginning!" Jung-kook barked.

"What's the big deal? You were the one talking about not stereotyping yesterday." Min-woo reminded his friend. "Whatever happened to that?"

"That's not the same," Jung-kook protested.

"Different how?" Min-woo inquired. "Last time I checked, a mouth is still a mouth, and a hole still a hole."

Jung-kook's eyes grew wide. "Never knew you'd be this crass."

"Never knew you'd be fucked by a man," Min-woo quipped.

As if that wasn't the truth.