19. Bunny

"Take your clothes off," the woman instructed

"Excuse me... Miss....." Jung-kook said. "I don't understand."

"You can call me M," the hostess replied. "Before we begin your journey, you must rid yourself of all your identity, your past, even your future and start with a clean slate. You are no longer the you that you know but a new person, from the moment you entered this place and by the time you leave, you will be Bunny, after your spirit animal."

Jung-kook nodded, though still confused.

"Here is the bracelet that you must always wear on your wrist. This is to identify and keep track of people who are here. We want to create a safe environment for everyone who joins these parties," the woman explained.

"What kind of party are you talking about?" Jung-kook inquired.

"I cannot tell you, but I have to show you," M replied. "Before that, you must remove your clothes and put on this mask. If you are shy, we have robes in the change room that are available. Everyone has to be on a level playing field and can't make out any distinguishing features as anonymity is crucial."

Jung-kook glanced down at the bangle on his wrist that M had placed and also on the golden mask in his hand. The mask was beautifully adorned with butterflies and it looked as exotic as the woman who led him to the changing chamber.

"There are lockers inside where you can store your clothes. Pick any that is unlocked and take the key," the hostess instructed. "Then come out when you're ready so we can log you in."

Jung-kook entered the room and after some hesitation, he did as he was told. He came out a few minutes later dressed in a flowing black robe and a hood that covered his head. He felt odd not wearing anything underneath but the sense of satin was nevertheless reassuring.

M looked Jung-kook up and down. "Well, don't you look quite the mercenary. Are you trying to slay some hearts today?"

Jung-kook flashed her a smile. "I'll try not to."

Later, the pair went to a small desk and registered Jung-kook in the guest book, jotting down minor details such as gender and preference (taker, giver, or both). Jung-kook wasn't sure if he was a taker or a giver and in what kind of sense they were asking.

The hostess explained that the taker was one who received gratification, and the giver was the one who provided it. M suggested that newcomers, for the most part, were takers because it didn't require as much effort. To be a giver, one had to be fully prepared to do more things outside one's limits.

"Start small, start as a taker, it doesn't sound as bad as you think and I'll show you," M said as she tied a ribbon around his wrist.

"This black ribbon signifies that you are a taker. It will alert other members that you are a novice and hopefully they'll be easy on you," M explained. "White ribbons represent givers, and if you have both ribbons, then you could be either."

"Where is the party?" Jung-kook asked slightly impatient.

M chuckled as she led the curious man around the house.

"There is more than one party, but it really depends," M said as she pushed the large double doors open. "Here is the main hall, or what we like to call, The Dungeon."