14. Fire

Taehyung stared at the retreating figure

Taehyung stared at the retreating figure. He momentarily forgot that he was the one who was intervening with what he thought was his best intentions.

"I'm sorry, I'll go," Taehyung called out to the fellow whom he found quite handsome, if it were not for the scowl on his face.

"And as a gesture of good faith, I will leave this bottle here." Taehyung offered, even though he prayed that the man would refuse it. He was hesitant to part with the wine that has an average price of twenty-thousand Canadian dollars, which was tantamount to 17 Million South Korean won.

Jung-kook eyed the liquor in question and a smile formed on his face, but it did not quite reach his dark brown eyes.

"Such a gracious offer, I'm not sure whether you are flaunting your wealth or just clueless," Jung-kook scoffed.

"Oh I see," Taehyung said while flashing a grin, "I guess you are still hungover from yesterday, and I can't blame you, I'd be embarrassed too if people heard me singing Michael Bolton off-key."

"Why you bastard," Jung-kook growled, his hand ready to punch the obnoxious guy on his face. But his friend stopped him.

"Don't, Jung-kook," Min-woo said, holding back his friend's arm. "Don't cause more trouble or JYP will find out."

"Jung-kook???" Taehyung inquired, rolling around the name on the tip of his tongue. It sounded familiar.

"Yes, and you better leave that bottle on the table, it's the least you can do for what your hyung stole from me," Jung-kook answered.

"Stole?" Taehyung asked in confusion.

"Stop feigning innocence, or don't tell me you guys don't have qualms stealing other people's girlfriends just because you happen to be world famous," Jung-kook said, putting air quotes around the last phrase.

"I'm not really sure what you're talking about," Taehyung answered in exasperation.

"Seokjin, IU, ring a bell?" Jung-kook replied curtly.

A look of recognition flashed before Taehyung's eyes. "You..... you are Jung-kook, from STD."

As soon as those words left his mouth, Taehyung didn't realize that he was playing with fire.