38. Mystery

It was not long before Jung-kook found himself standing on the steps of a particular house in Yorkville

It was not long before Jung-kook found himself standing on the steps of a particular house in Yorkville. He couldn't imagine why he came back to this mysterious, but an oddly intoxicating place. He wasn't sure whether it was curiosity or desire that led him there, but one thing's for certain, the sensations he felt the previous night... he wanted to experience them again.

Jung-kook knocked on the door, and as expected, the hostess opened it.

"Ah, I remember you from yesterday," M said. "It's Rabbit, isn't it?"

"You can call me 'Bunny' instead," Jung-kook replied as he entered the familiar hallway.

"So, I take it you've come for another round," M smiled, bemused at the eagerness of her visitor.

"Well, yes and no," Jung-kook shyly admitted. "Actually, I'm looking for someone... I don't know her name but.... I was hoping she'd be here."

The woman chuckled. "That sure helps a lot, considering we have so many visitors."

"You're right, I suppose," Jung-kook agreed. "How about I stay and see if she shows up?"

"Suit yourself, but I can't guarantee that the person you are searching for would be present," the hostess advised. "Why don't you consider other options while waiting?"

"No, no thanks. I'd rather wait," Jung-kook said as he adjusted his mask. He wanted to make sure that his eyes were open when the stranger he's hoping to see passes by.

The night went by slowly as Jung-kook paced around the foyer, sometimes sitting, sometimes standing, but mostly fiddling with the bangle on his wrist. His ears would perk up when he heard full grunts or half-moans that would occasionally travel across the hall when doors would open, trying to decipher the one belonging to his lover.

But how could he determine the voice when the sounds emanating last evening were mostly his own? The hostess was right; loitering around wasn't a solution. He had nothing to go by, not a name, not a face, none that would aid him in his search.

Jung-kook returned to his hotel after a futile night of waiting. He settled on the bed, quite disappointed that he didn't have the foresight to get the name of the mysterious stranger.