40. Memory

It's just after seven in the evening when Taehyung returned to his hotel

It's just after seven in the evening when Taehyung returned to his hotel. He checked any communication from back home and as expected, many of those messages came from the other members, particularly from Seokjin, whose doting nature was sometimes overbearing. Seokjin assured him that he didn't have to run away from the spotlight, as the gang would always support him.

Taehyung knew that Jin meant well. Being the oldest member of the group, Jin assumed responsibility to look after the younger boys. But they were no longer kids. Taehyung, for once, wanted to be devoid of people instructing him what to do or when to do it. He needed no more "good advice." If he wanted to do something, he'd do it on his own free will. If he needed to listen to anybody, it was because he allowed it.

This was precisely why Taehyung turned off his cell phone during his trip. He had only informed his manager where he was going, and Taehyung told him this when he was about to board the plane to Toronto. He's probably being selfish, but he did not regret the spur-of-the-moment decision.

Taehyung thought back to the few days he spent in this city as he flicked through the channels on the television. One particular night stuck in his mind.

He wasn't entirely sure if it was just a figment of his imagination, but the sensation he felt between his fingers and his mouth certainly seemed real. The scariest part was he wanted more.

After adjusting the pillows under his head a few times and failing to make himself comfortable lounging on the bed, Taehyung got up and quickly changed into his clothes, a set of leather pants and jacket and headed out the door.

It was his last night of freedom, and he would make the most of it. Whether he can replicate the experience he had that night was another story, but it's a risk he was willing to take.