Chapter 1

To think that life was easy, it was so wrong. Savannah realized how naive she was as a little girl, always been spoiled by her parents and relatives. As she grew older, she began to feel more understanding.

The more she aged, the more weight of responsibilities being put on both her shoulders. Imagining about it was a lot easier than actually experiencing it.

She began to understand.

Even her now cold feet was nothing compared to the things await her in the future. It was only the beginning of her tales. People say that real life begins right after someone graduated high school. They were not so wrong after all.

The magnificent castle she build in her head, consist of the things she want to achieve suddenly just vanished in the matter of seconds. It went downhill starting right after she turned eighteen.

Hardships in life didn't make her falter anymore. She was so used to take care of things carefully. Mistake after mistake made her learn little by little.

She had learn to calculate everything she done carefully. But, humans are still humans after all. She sometimes still got things wrong.

Like now, she certainly didn't consider that today would rain, or did she? Maybe, she was too caught up preparing for everthing that she forgot to bring the umbrella.

Pedestrians around her were hurriedly looking for shelters as soon as rain started pouring down. Some taking out umbrella, and the small part of those people chose to challenge the cruel little drops.

She was one of those small part. Though, she began regretting it. Had she waited a little longer, surely this wouldn't have happened.

Rain started pouring down with no mercy as soon as she exited the front gate of a company she had applied into. Going back inside wasn't a choice at the moment. She would just add a little work to the cleaning service there due to her wet attire.

Looked like a wet dog in the middle of some neat, sophisticated company empoyees didn't exactly sound pleasant at all.

In her opinion, her house was quite near. But, it feel like hours. Rain and cold started to chill her bones, almost feeling like it was freeze up her entire body. She felt numb and a bit dizzy, nevertheless she continued to walk. A few more minutes and she would be cocooned in the warmth she yearned.

A sudden huge splash of water caused by a car hitting the pooling rain made her jump in surprise. The coldness creeping in her body made her temporarily stood still. She gritted her teeth at the shiny looking black car that passed by, then shaking her head.

She continued to walk, however, after some time, she began sneezing, but still adamant on moving her seemingly reluctant legs. She wiped her wet nose, pinched it quite hard to hold the sneezes, although she failed to do so. Savannah was sure she would be hella sick in the morning.

She didn't even see it as her body hit the something in front of her, making her stumble and fall down. Body sprawled pathetically on the floor as she still hold into her little purse. She snorted and continued lying on the pavement.

Now, she didn't really care anymore if she would be a frozen statue. She chuckle lightly in her poor state. Seemingly she didn't even has the strength to stand up, or even walking to her home. She felt like a dolphin being outside the water right now.

No doubt, she looked like crazy to anyone if they ever saw her in this position. But who cares, she had accepted it long time ago the fact that she was probably insane.

Savannah slowly closed her eyes. She just wanted to sleep as she didn't get much sleep last night. Getting out of the house while she was sick didn't help either. Her body wasn't so fragile, maybe it just reached the breaking point in which she should get some rest.