Chapter 35

Lucas' heart almost jumped out of his chest. His expression only changed for a moment before quickly returned to normal. His usual emotionless mask that almost everyone was familiar with. He had done this; masking his emotion a lot of times, so after a few moments of secretly neutralizing his breathing, his heart calmed down.

"I am just a passerby, Sir." Lucas quickly said to the middle-aged man in front of him. "I am searching for one of my relatives here who is being hospitalized right now, and accidentally got lost in the way."

The middle-aged man narrowed his eyes at Lucas, who kept on a calm expression. Though, a storm was raging in his heart right now. If he didn't quickly leave the place right now, there was a possibility that the woman inside would come out to check the situation. If that happen, then, he would be found out.

Despite his worry, Lucas kept the calm expression displayed in his face, hoping that the words would be able to convince the middle-aged man. No doubt that the burly man in front of him was Auntie Ellia's husband.

After he finished scanning Lucas from head to toe, the middle-aged man finally just nodded. "Alright then."

He didn't spare Lucas any more attention and quickly pushed the door open and got inside. Lucas' gaze somehow turned cold.

They were standing and scrutinizing each other for the time around a few minutes just now. Yet, the woman inside not once did she seemingly paid attention to what was happening outside.

Lucas had been a fool once, and he clearly didn't want to be a fool for the second time. Smiling coldly at the door, he waited for another minutes for the middle-aged woman to come out of the room. In the end, Lucas didn't even heard her voice talking inside.

Lucas left the hospital after that. He drove the car, heading to the office. Along the way, he muttered, "Uncle Stephen. You didn't recognize me..."

The middle-aged man from before was clearly Uncle Stephen from a few years ago. Despite him looking much older, he would still be able to recognize him as far as he could see his face.

That burly figure with the short beard on his chin brought much more impression in his memories more than the seemingly gentle looking Auntie Ellia. He hadn't change much.

The family also seemed like they were in trouble of paying the hospital bill. Lucas was pondering about one this problem. The more he thought about it, the more he found it strange.

He wanted to do one thing just to make sure about something. If he wasn't wrong, the name of the little boy was Juwen, so clearly his surname also should be Dawson.

Lucas tried to find the memories about the Dawson family and their personality. He didn't remember much. He only managed to recall Ellia Dawson's usual gentle attitute. As for Stephen Dawson, that man had a quite unpredictable nature.

Stephen Dawson could be a stern person that sometimes he was also little violent. He used to work in a car repair shop. His hobby was smoking cigarette.

Lucas just sighed and chose not to think about that anymore. He had already delayed his work for around three hours.

As Lucas arrived into the office, he was surprised to see a very familiar face there. The girl was sitting comfortably in the one of the seats on the waiting room, with some sort of documents on her hands.

"What are you doing here?" Lucas asked her, frowning. Andrew was also there, quite surprised as he stared at Janette. The girl looked a bit familiar, though he couldn't really remember if he had met her before.

"They are the ones waiting for new employees recruitment." Andrew explained as he scrutinized her face more closely.

"Employees recruitment, hmm?" Lucas just nodded and didn't say anything more. Janette just glanced at Lucas and gave a polite nod without saying anything else, it was as if she didn't really want to speak with him.

The other employees glanced at them briefly in curiosity before resuming their work. It seemed that their boss was an acquintance of one among those employee candidates.

Lucas rememered that Janette was in high school before, though he didn't know whether it was already time for graduation. Probably it was.

"Come to my office." He ordered her. He didn't wait for her to reject him. He was already walking ahead towards his own office. Andrew stared at the sight in bewilderment, then he just shook his head. In his opinion, Lucas' mood sometimes was just unpredictable.

Janette glanced at the back of the man walking ahead with a conflicted expression. She honesty didn't want to, but she knew that she didn't have a choice right now.

Grumbling secretly in her heart, Janette stood up and followed the man to his office. She really felt uncomfortable.

"Sit." Lucas gestured to the chair opposite of him. Janette entered the room and sat down.

"Whay are you calling me here, Sir?" Janette gave him a stiff expression. She really just wanted to ignore him. It was her bad luck that she just run into him the moment she stepped into the company. She initially hoped that he wouldn't show up and everything just went smoothly.

Lucas was silent for a moment. There was a frown on his forehead as he heard her called him Sir, though he said nothing about it. He pondered about the question he wanted to ask for a moment before he decided to just ask about it. "Do you know where is Savannah?"

Janette's expression turned unpleasant the moment she heard his question. "Why do you ask about that? I am here for the employee recruitment, not talking about my cousin."

Lucas just sighed. He knew that Janette wouldn't talk to him about Savannah no matter what. Though he was slightly worried something happened to that woman for leaving quite urgently, but she never replied to his messages.

"Alright then." Lucas just nodded, permitting Janette to get out from his office.

Janette was surprised. Since when did this man learn to be a bit considerate? He never liked being denied of his words as far as Janette knew him. Janette just shrugged inwardly and chose to exit the room.

Thank you for your wishes, guys!
I finally got accepted in a university, though I am still waiting for the announcement of my dream college :((