Chapter 18

Mr. Hernandez was lying when he said that they had gotten a new receptionist to replace her. For a week, they were in a need of the position, so, she end up doing both job.

She wouldn't call him fully lying though, maybe half lying was the better phrase. Definitely, she didn't complain how it end up to be. Charlie, for more than two days as of now, had been doing the job just fine.

Mr. Hernandez had made him her replacement, which she was thankful and grateful about. Her heart swelled in happiness as soon as Mr. Hernandez told her the news.

"Happy now?" He smirked at her, who resisted the urge to stick her tongue out at him.

She understood that it was impossible to make Charlie the secretary, since his handwriting wasn't really neat, and he sometimes lost focus a bit on what things people around him had uttered, so taking notes was hard.

Mr. Hernandez also thought that Savannah would make a good secretary. He just choose her based on her experience the time they had business trip together.

This morning, Savannah couldn't hold the happy feeling as she passed her former table and found two people there, Adrian and Charlie. They were sitting alongside a plastic bag filled with snacks. Adrian already munching on one of those snacks.

"Good morning," Savannah greeted as Adrian eyes lit up at the sight of her. Then, he began to grumble, "You'll be no longer here, in this seat."

Adrian pointed at her usual seat, frowning a bit, "Oh, this is bad."

Adrian began to get down from his seat and run up to Savannah. It wasn't very noisy since employees at this time hadn't came yet, only a few of them.

"You are going to sit near him again today, are you?" He accused her, hands on both hip.

"Miss Savannah." Mr. Hernandez came out of nowhere as she was about to open her mouth to answer the little boy. "I want you to resume about yesterday meeting, or have you done the resume yet?"

Savannah nodded, "I have it on my table already, Mr. Hernandez."

Mr. Hernandez nodded, ignoring the annoyed look Adrian thew his way. "I need to see the resume right now, can you bring it to my office?"

"Yes, Sir." With that, Mr. Hernandez turn around and left to go back to his office. Adrian was pouting as Savannah looked at him.

"Nah, I need to go to work right now, okay?" Savannah softly said, crouching down to his level and ruffled his curly hair.

Adrian frowned cutely, then, slowly he nodded in reluctance. Savannah had heard from Charlie that the man would be  a babysitter for the little boy as well as a receptionist in the office. Before Charlie came, Mr. Hernandez rarely brought Adrian since he loved making mess everywhere.

The little boy seemed a bit attached to the man already, that was why Mr. Hernandez decided that Charlie would be perfect to be the one taking care of him, since they also living together.

Savannah smiled softly at Adrian, and began to walk towards her own office, which unfortunately was Mr. Hernandez's. He was pretty much annoying. Just yesterday, he demanded her to buy him a coffe, making the lazy Savannah had to give him the one she got from Andrew.

Another time, he had ordered her to give him a certain file to his office, in the end, the file was unneeded and she was sent back to her own office.

He was definitely the most annoying person she had ever met.

And Savannah just had to bear with him till she finally able to take over her father's business. She needed to be patient.

***

She did whatever her boss ordered, until slowly time passed and the lunch time came, making Savannah sigh a bit in relief. She was tired, being a secretary was more tiring than just sit and giving services to visitors.

Andrew had been waiting by her door. Savannah smiled softly at him as they began to walk together to the restaurant near the office. Charlie like usual, he joined the two along with Adrian.

Surprisingly, even Mr. Hernandez who had came out from his office immediately joined the four. They all entered the the room, making all heads turned towards the crowd.

Savannah was very self-conscious that they were being the center of attention. She awkwardly joined them as they choose a table with four chair, dragging another one from unoccupied table nearby.

Women were especially looking at Mr. Hernandez or Andrew. They all sigh in disappoinment as Adrian all of a sudden demanded to sit on Mr. Hernandez's lap, saying that the chair was too short for him.

No doubt, those women probably thought that Mr. Hernandez was married. Savannah just held her giggle at that thought, although some of them didn't really fazed at that fact and openly gawking at the impassive man.

They all began to order their own food as a waitress came and scribble down some notes. The waitress nodded, and briefly left their table.

There was a bit silence after that as none of them spoke. So, they were a little startled as Adrian suddenly let out a whistle, looking at the teenage girl who just sat near a boy around her age in a table nearby.

The sound caught their attention as Adrian jumped out from Mr. Hernandez's lap to face her.

"Wow, you are so pretty!" He exclaimed, trying to charm the blonde girl with his compliments. The girl's cheeks reddened a bit as her companion scowled.

People their table gawked at that, Savannah was also surprised while Mr. Hernandez looked a bit embarassed as he tried to keep a neutral face. Andrew was the only one laughing.

"It was Lucas's influence, definitely." He smirked, teasing his friend.

Mr. Hernandez just grunted as Savannah and Charlie nodded in agreement. He got up from his seat to drag his nephew away from the teenage couple before he made him embarassed any further.

"How was it?" Adrian grinned, then he pointed at Mr. Hernandez. "Uncle Lucas taught me how to get a girlfriend."

A shitty chapter, I know 😭 sorry for the late update guys!