Chapter 29

Wow, 70K reads! Thank you everyone 😭

I also want to apologize for the late update. I got toothache for around two weeks and it made me unable to think straight.

Guess, people are right. Heartache is better than toothache. Food cured my stress. I can't eat with the pain all over the nerves in my head.

Well, sorry for rambling too much. Enjoy!

Lucas just felt that lately, there's been a greater distance between him and his secretary. Savannah had gotten particularly close to him the last few months, and in just short amount of time, the distance grew again in between them.

Much to Lucas' dismay, lately he also noticed Andrew getting quite close to Savannah for his liking. His assistant had been hanging around her a lot.

Just like right now, they were discussing the new project that possibly would be a huge benefit to the company. Savannah was standing beside Andrew around the table near where Charlie currently sat.

Lucas stood in front of Charlie, subsconsiously glaring at the two. It's as if he wished Andrew to suddenly disappear into thin air to someplace. He wouldn't care if the man was freezing in Antartica, or suddenly got in a date with the gorilla in the zoo. Whatever, as long as it put some distance between him and Savannah.

The thought of Andrew having a date with gorilla almost made Lucas smile. Almost. Andrew moved closer to Savannah that their shoulders hit each other. The man apologized and Savannah immediately forgave him.

"The shithead did it on purpose," Lucas muttered lowly, eyes burning at the sight before him. Charlie, who was enjoying the scene and occasionally glanced at the younger man and the two, just shook his head at his action.

"Go for it."  Charlie muttered, seemingly began to feel a bit irritated.

Lucas suddenly turned his head at him. "What?" He asked in confusion, slightly raising his eyebrow. It was as if he was also trying to maintain a nonchalant expression by covering up his silent anger.

"It's clear that you like her." Charlie deadpanned at the younger man, shaking his head in disbelief. "Are you going to just let her got snatched by another man like that?"

Lucas was silent for a moment. The feeling of doubt flashed through his eyes. He sighed before he answered him meekly. "I don't think I can."

"So, what are you going to do now?" Charlie slightly raised his eyebrow in wonder. He couldn't understand him. "She won't be available forever."

Lucas didn't answer him. He let out a breath of frustration, running his hand through his hair. His eyes once again trailing towards the two.

It was almost lunch time. The kids were bound to be there at any moment now. Lucas had ordered a driver to pick them up since Charlie has gotten more busy lately.

Lucas scoffed as he looked at them again. Suddenly, and idea came to his head. He smirked internally as he walked towards the two. As he finally reached them, he cleared his throat which catching their attention.

"Miss Easton," he called her formally, his expression void of any trace of whatever going on his head. "If you don't mind. I want you to retrive the file from Mr. Daniel on the table in the second floor, can you?"

Savannah sighed almost inaudibly, mentally rolling her eyes. She wanted to reject his demand, but of course she can't. She just wanted to be professional in her attempt to be the perfect employee.

"Alright," Savannah nodded and stood up. She glanced at Andrew briefly, who seemed a bit confused as well as irritated at the scene. "I gonna retrieve it right now. If you please, excuse me."

Savannah walked away, her figure disappear into the elevator as it brought her into the second floor.

Andrew was narrowing his eyes now as his expression morphed into one of mocking smile. He suddenly laughed, which irritated Lucas. Lucas snapped, "What?"

Andrew shut his mouth and raised his eyebrow in wonder at the sudden change of mood. He put his hands up in surrender. "Nothing."

The sound of the door being opened interrupting the two. Adrian and Amara walked in excitedly as the two approach the two men.

Adrian had a mischievous smile as he neared Lucas, slowly taking his hand and shaking it quite violently. "Hi, Uncle Lucaaas!"

Lucas felt something wet touched his palm, and he was right. The brown liquid smeared all over it, the chocolate had made his hand looked dirty. Adrian just smiled at his achievement as Lucas stared to his hand in disbelief.

"Adrian." His stern voice called out to his nephew, earning an innocent smile in return. Adrian adorably grinned at him and answered cutely. "Yes, Uncle?"

Lucas couldn't bring himself to be angry at him. So, he just shook his head. He was about to go to the bathroom when Adrian suddenly protested.

"Don't go anywhere!" The little boy took Lucas' other hand which was clean to make sure that his incle wouldn't go anywhere. Amara watched the scene while giggling happily, hands covering her mouth.

At the same time, Savannah just got down from the second floor after she's done bringing the said file. She raised an eyebrow at the scene, Lucas was being held from leaving by Adrian.

"What happen?" She asked as she finally approached the them. Savannah put the file on the table and face Lucas, eyes asking for the answer of her question.

Lucas just lifted the now both dirty hands to show it to Savannah. Sighing, he just glared playfully at Adrian, who was now giggling happily with Amara.

What happened after it made him surprised. Savannah also joined the two kids laughing at his dirty hands as she caressed Adrian soft hair. Andrew just smirked and made a gesture of licking his hand to Lucas, in which the man answered with an annoyed glare.

Though, Lucas was thankful that it really made Savannah laugh. He definitely didn't regret getting his hands dirty.

By the way, the next update will be as soon as the reads reach around 500 in this chapter. Thank you!

By the way. Since I don't celebrate Christmas, but I just want to say this to those who celebrate it. I hope you enjoy your Christmas and have a good day!

And happy new year too. Wishing you all have a great holiday. Love you all!