Chapter 25

O-oh, H-hi, I'm back guys... *puts on innocent expression*

Another month passed so quickly that Savannah didn't realize it. They had gotten closer, so much closer for colleagues. The kids had been enrolled in the kindergarten together.

It's like a routine for them, Charlie picking up the two from school at lunch and dropped them off to Savannah's house, or sometimes they stayed near Charlie's side, so the two wouldn't disturb any employees.

This time, they stayed in the office. Savannah and Lucas had eaten the lunch together as they entered the door of the building. The kids immediately run towards the two, making them let go of their clasped hands to catch the five years old.

Savannah's face turned a bit red as she realized that they were still holding their hands together till the walk to the office. She nearly fall due to her being a little anemic, and Lucas had insisted to keep her on her feet by holding their hands together.

It was also the first time she had seen him being a little nervous. He was rubbing the back of his neck, sounding so unsure, like he almost regretted what he had said.

Savannah accepted the offer though, which made him felt a bit of relief as he would be deeply embarassed if she rejected it.

As they walked together, Savannah had gotten better from the blurry vision and dizziness. Though, they subsconsiously kept on holding their hands together, so comfortable that none of them realized to let go.

Savannah hugged the little girl as she run to her arms, caressing the hair softly. Adrian was pouting and shaking his head, blatantly refusing Lucas's open arms.

"Have you two eat the lunch, sweetheart?" Savannah asked the kid, as well as at Adrian.

Amara nodded, while Adrian did the talking, "Charlie bought us some a box of pizza and some pancake!" He said happily.

Savannah looked satisfied at the confirmation. "Alright then."

The lunch time almost ended in a few minutes and it was Saturday, so the work time was almost over too.

Lucas rubbed the back of his head after he retracted his arms back, quickly strolled in his office without saying anything. Leaving all his gawking employees as they stared at his office door, a bit stunned that their boss finally showed some emotion other than being angry and arrogant.

Savannah let go of Amara, oblivious to Lucas departure. The two kids began to take a seat near Charlie's table while she went back resuming her work. That was until the work time actually was over.

Amara jumped down from the high seat to approach Savannah who was walking towards them, Adrian followed the little girl closely behind. The little boy muttered something to Amara's ear, his eyes glancing at Savannah the whole time that it made the woman in front of them felt a bit suspicious of their plan.

Suddenly, Amara began to clung at Savannah's hand, muttering something incoherently while her voice was muffled as she planted her face in Savannah's stomatch. Savannah stroked the little girl's hair and asked, "Hey, what's wrong, sweetheart?"

Savannah didn't find her answer, so she looked at Adrian with a questioning look. Adrian seemed unsure, so he just forced himself to spit it out. "We want a sleepover..."

Savannah frowned, "You two can have a sleepover like usual, of course."

"No, not that," Adrian denied. He began to recite the next words slowly, "We want the sleepover at my house..."

"I want to see the beautiful garden Adrian told me about..." Amara said in an almost whisper-like voice, lifting her head from Savannah's stomatch, then went back hugging her again.

Savannah's sighed at that. Before she could open her mouth, the two had been ready with their puppy eyes in front of her.

"Pretty please?" Amara asked. Adrian continued, "with the cherry on top."

Savannah was confused of how to answer to that. Luckily, Lucas had gotten out of his office at the right time. He managed to heard their conversation, and he was now raising his eyebrow at her.

"Just let them be," he suggested, which made the two cheered loudly.

Amara turned at Savannah with an expectant look. Savannah gave the two a nod, feeling slightly defeated. She ruffled the little girl's silky hair. "But, you have to come home first, alright?"

Amara nodded. Adrian suddenly exclaimed, "I want come too!"

Savannah smiled, looking at Lucas for his permission. Lucas only gave her a thin smile and nodded. "It's alright."

Then, she remembered something. "Umm... about your adress, can you text it to me?"

Lucas just smirked, shaking his head. "There's no need, I just gonna pick you up and the kids at your home."

Charlie dropped the three at Savannah's home a few moments later. Savannah had made sure to bring everything of Amara's needs, such as her favorite pillow and blanket.

It took three hours before Lucas came to pick them up. Adrian had insist to bring Carrie along with them, Carrick nowhere to be seen. The male cat was probably at Brandon's house right now. The cats fight between the two had gotten worse.

The car pulled into a driveway as the big house that seemed more like mansion came into the view. The magnifcent scenery was so beautiful, green trees surrounding the place as there's also fountain around the gate.

Carrie was silent the entire ride, luckily, though she kinda hostile towards Lucas. Amara seated in the backseat with Adrian while Savannah sat in the front seat.

She honestly didn't want to come to her boss's house like that, but that's for Amara. She wouldn't let the kid be alone without any of her relatives being nearby.

Lucas parked the car near the garage. The four of them got out of it almost immediately. Lucas almost jumped when suddenly he felt something clawed at his feet. He looked down only to find that Carrie was scratching at him. "What--"

Adrian's eyes went wide, along with Amara's. Amara took the immediate action by running towards the cat and snatched it, so Lucas wouldn't get hurt by its claw.

Carrie continued to hiss at the blonde man as she teased him with a clawing gesture. Savannah just shook her head, feelong slightly curious. "I wonder why Carrie dislike him so much. She had gotten along with almost everyone."

"Oh, he had once tried to kick the cat from inside the car while you were sleeping..." Charlie appeared in front of them, wearing a casual T-shirt and pants.

Adrian made 'ck' sounds while Amara pouted at the said man. Adrian shook his head disapprovingly, "That's not a good thing to do. Really, really cruel, dude."

Lucas just snorted. According to him, it's also partly the cat's fault for not wanting to cooperate with him when they first met. It almost attack him. He just didn't want to get a feral animal inside his car.

"Sorry," Lucas muttered, not sounding sorry at all after all he's done. Adrian narrowed his eyes at his uncle. "You are not sorry!"

Adrian whispered something at Amara, which made the little girl handed the ball of fur to the five years old. Adrian gave Lucas a creepy smile and began to run towards him at full speed.

"Ha, take this!" Realizing what's gonna happen, Lucas immediately attempt to get away. The three began to run, Adrian holding the clawing cat at Lucas while Amara tried to help Adrian by chasing Lucas around and distracting him.

Savannah and Charlie watched the three, shaking their heads slightly as Charlie took a seat above the green grass. Savannah joined him, and the two watched the three together as they laugh at each other in the sunset. They just felt so happy and at peace in this moment.

I am really stressed, and kinda got writer's block. So, I am really sorry for the very late update.
I've been pushing myself to write, but no words came out. It just didn't satisfy me.