Chapter 17

Just the sound of it was hard to ignore. Savannah rubbed her temples to ease the headache, she hadn't gotten a good sleep last night and the commotion just made it worse.

This had been a week after her meeting with Brandon in that restaurant, Charlie's voice was also improved greatly as he could have spoken already. He was proved to be a good company, along with that mischievous kid, Adrian who liked to prank David Newman. Savannah didn't know why though, but she didn't mind.

Right now, David was making a hassle inside the company, screaming to Mr. Hernandez and demanding him to give him another chance.

Yes, that's right, the extremely lazy secretary was being fired by the mighty Mr. Hernandez due to his incompetent and laziness.

David's screaming had begun to irritate other employees that they sent him a glare, which of course he ignored.

"You can't do that, I did all the works just fine." David reasoned again, half screaming as he sent Mr. Hernandez a what he hoped as an intimidating or rather a hopeful look.

Mr. Hernandez grunted, eyeing him with no interest as he gestured the securities to usher him out. Both securities clamped at David's sides, dragging the man as he kept on screaming and kicking around.

Adrian followed the them, cheering on the two securities the whole way out and making a mocking face at David. The ex-secretary was torn between kept on shouting or growling to the little kid, so he did both.

Savannah sighed in relief a moment later that the commotion had begun to died down. She just wanted a little silence to do all her works.

Charlie was like usual, accompanying her while having a snack ready in front of his table. He was gazing at the door, probably waiting for the five years old boy to comeback.

Mr. Hernandez turned towards Savannah, who at the same time accidentally looked up to meet his gaze. She instantly regretted it. Mr. Hernandez walked, gesturing her to follow him to his office.

Savannah made a face, scowling inwardly, but then she just stood up and went with it to his office. Sighing a little, she opened the door office and entered the room.

"Sit down, Miss Easton." Mr. Hernandez ordered, gesturing towards th seat across him. Savannah took the seat with a bit grumble, feeling a bit weirded out at his calculating look all of sudden.

She held back an urge to snap back at him, giving a forced smile instead, and it looked like more of a grimace. Mr. Hernandez raised an eyebrow, but he said nothing.

Mr. Hernandez cleared his throat, trying to catch Savannah's attention. As soon as Savannah's stare was at him, he began. "I just want to speak to you about some certain matters at work, Miss Easton." He paused.

"I won't beat around the bushes now. With David Newman being fired, I want you to work as the new secretary considering that you did a pretty good job at that. How does that sound?" Mr. Hernandez explained.

Savannah went still for a moment to process all the information. She scrunched her face a little. "How about my work as the receptionist? I am doing both? That's impossible."

"I already have that matter being taken care of, there's someone suitable for that position already, so, do you accept this new position?" Mr. Hernandez was staring at her, his eyes hard.

"Can you just make whoever that person is to be your new secretary, and I continue with my own job?" Savannah reasoned again.

Mr. Hernandez seemingly had begun to feel the irritation at Savannah's attempt to avoid his offer. A few seconds passed with no words between them, which made Savannah a bit intimidated by his scrutinizing stare.

"Either take the job as my secretary, or you'll be fired." He finally had said the word that made Savannah froze in her place. His voice cold and full of annoyance which no doubt that he wasn't joking. But, when was he ever joke to her?

Savannah pondered over the offer. She had refused all her father's money that would be sent to their home, due to her getting a job already. She definitely didn't want to go back on her promise to take care of Grandma and Janette.

If she had heard it from the gossiping workers around her, the secretary's earning was much higher than a receptionist, second to a personal assistant's payment. Amara will be going to school this year, and she would definitely need a lot of money.

If she was going to be fired, that would be one hell of a struggle to find a new job. This company and the other one was two out of some companies that called her back for an interview, the other just ignored her application.

Or, maybe she could apply again in that other company? But, they should've gotten the required workers by now.

Savannah caught's Mr. Hernandez's little smirk as he surprisingly waited patiently for Savannah's answer. She knew that he could be serious to get anything he wanted, he could fire her.

Savannah took a deep breath, sighing in utter surrender upon her fate. "O-okay. I will be your secretary."

Mr. Hernandez's cocky smirk was getting wider. "Alright. Today, you can continue your work as the receptionist, tomorrow, you should be here as my secretary."

Savannah nodded numbly. She would be working near this man, and that didn't sound pleasant at all.

"You are dismissed."

Savannah exited the room, sighing as she went back to her place. Adrian had gotten back, now sitting on the table near Charlie, munching on his snack eagerly.

"You alright, Boss?" Adrian asked excitedly, noticing Savannah change of mood. He tilted his head to the side cutely.

"Of course." Savannah smiled at him, then, taking big gulps of the coffe she had gotten from Andrew this morning. "What happened to David?"

Adrian began to tell the story excitedly. "He want to go back inside, but the security made him stumble and fall into a walking dog. The dog got angry and chased him."

"Really?" Savannah seemed satisfied.

"Yeah, he hit a lamppost, and fell. The dog bit his butt! After that, he tried to run again with his teared trouser." Adrian continued, shouting a little with a happy sparkling in his eyes.

I want to write another story, which I would update once a week like this one. But, I am not ready I guess.

I'll try to make the outline first. Okay then!