Chapter 41

Andrew ended up going with the two of them, Lucas and Sofia, nonchalantly squeezing a place and put himself in between the man and the woman with an oblivious expression. Lucas didn't react at that.

"You can order whatever you find fancy on the menu." Lucas kindly said to Sofia, who was looking rather awkward.

Andrew looked at the two and just shook his head, pretending to be innocent. Lucas threw him a glance, making Andrew almost jumped from his seat. However, the man just continued to put on the same oblivious expression as if he didn't know anything.

Lucas also find it hard to understand what Andrew was thinking.

"Alright. Thank you." Sofia said softly, glancing at Lucas before returning her attention to the menu in her hand.

Lucas was about to raise his hand and called the waitress when Andrew suddenly spoke. "Savannah, and isn't this Janette? It's a coincidence to meet the two of you here. How about we have the lunch in the same table?"

Lucas froze for a moment, and he looked up. Savannah was standing there with a frowning Janette. She only had a neutral expression on her face, as if what was going on around her couldn't catch her attention at all.

"Sav, where should we sit?" Janette completely ignoring Andrew. After getting to know of the notorious playboy assistant, Janette find out a bit about him and his sometimes silly actions.

Savannah also looked around, only to find that most of the table were full. She glanced brieflly at the table of three and paused for a moment. Her rested on the silent Sofia for a while, a flash of unknown emotion in those eyes, before she moved her gaze elsewhere and said in a casual manner and looking at Andrew. "It's won't be a long meal, just sit with them is alright."

Janette had a complicated look on her face, however she could only sigh in the end. She didn't really understand what caused Savannah to do it, but she seemed to vaguely guessed something.

The two walked while Andrew looked rather satisfied. He asked for a another seat to the waitress since the tables mostly consist of four seats.

Elegantly and calmly, Savannah began to sit down under their gaze. Janette seemed to mumbled something under her breath, but none could guess what it was since the words were incoherent.

"Here's the menu." Andrew, with a small smile handed over the menu to Savannah and Janette.

The whole time, Lucas just looked at the scene calmly, however, once a while in almost unnoticeable manner, he narrowed his eyes at the smug Andrew.

The group of five ordered the meals and ate in silence. The situation was quiet awkward, well, except fro Andrew who seemed to enjoy it as if he was being entertained.

"Ah, Savannah, how's the file for the today's meeting." Andrew asked Savannah after he wiped his hand with the napkin. As soon as Savannah's name was mentioned, Lucas' eyes shrank slightly, he didn't look up, but his entire being was paying a close attention to their conversation.

"It's already done." Savannah said in a neutral tone. "After this, the project can be presented to attract more investors."

Andrew nodded, as if pleased.  "Alright then."

Janette looked at Andrew narrowed eyes, then she glanced at Lucas and Sofia. After that, she just looked away and went back finishing her meal. She and Savannah didn't waste the time as they had almost been finished in no time.

Savannah raised her hand to call the waitress. As she waited the waitress to come over, she finally looked at Lucas, which made him jolt slightly at being stared by the pair of bright eyes. "Thank you, Sir. We apologize for being impolite and disturbing your meal earlier. Now, we want to excuse ourselves."

The small smile on Savannah's face slightly made Lucas stunned as he continued to stare at her. However, after a moment he finally snapped out of it. Luckily, he didn't embarass himself.

"Let me pay for it." Lucas took out some of the money and handed it to the waitress that had come over and started counting Savannah's bill and Janette's. Savannah just shook her head, and taking out her own purse. She handed it to the waitress even before Lucas could reach first.

Sofia only watched the scene unfold in front of her with an expression that was hard to guess what she was thinking of. However, when she gazed at Savannah, somehow, she vaguely felt something, yet she didn't knew what was that feeling.

"There is no need, Sir. I don't deserve to receive such kindness. Let this employee of yours pay for her own meal. Thank you, Sir." Savannah nodded at Lucas politely.

Lucas' eyes dimmed slightly in an unnoticeable manner. However, he just nodded calmly and didn't say anything back.

Savannah and Janette excused themselves again and finally left the restaurant. Andrew just sighed inwardly, glancing briefly at Lucas with a complicated gaze. He knew that if feelings were involved, he couldn't do anything to help his friend. It was something that he should sort by himself.

Sofia was silent the whole time. However, this time, she began to spoke. "That lady just now is Miss Easton, the secretary, right?"

Lucas was silent for a moment, then he answered curtly. "Yes, she is."

After hearing Lucas' reply, Sofia put on a pondering look as she gazed at Savannah's retreating figure who was about to exit the restaurang door. None knew what she was thinking about.

Glancing at the dazed off Sofia, Lucas frowned slightly, but after that, his frown disappeared and he went back to finishing his meal. His mood seemed to be a little down somehow

Even after he finished and paid their lunch, Lucas didn't speak at any of them at all. Almost everyone at the office could feel their boss' gloomy aura. It automatically caused them to stay away from Lucas.

Except for one person standing in front of him calmly right now. She was looking at Lucas, then said, "This is the presentation file for the afternoon meeting, Sir. I hope that it's already alright according to Sir's instruction."

Lucas didn't speak, he stood there as if he had turned into a statue. His eyes were on Savannah...