X

Friday, June 12, 2019
Houston, Texas
Kyaih's Apartment
11:50 p.m.

I spent my last few minutes as an 18-year-old by myself and alone like usual. After long evaluation, I came to the conclusion that Marcus was right.

Everything my mama went through while I was growing up was because of me. Kai and Kayden never caused problems. It was always me.

Pulling the covers over my head, I sighed. I've never felt more pain and anger before in my life.

Pain because it's my fault we never had father and anger because this was all my fault. My phone started blowing up like crazy, meaning that it was now 12.

"Happy birthday to me.", I sighed.

Saturday, June 13, 2019
Houston, Texas
Kyaih's apartment
1:09 p.m.

I woke up almost an hour ago, but I ain't been in the mood to get out of bed. It's really no point though.

I've been responding to happy birthday messages for the last few minutes. My stomach started to growl so I decided to get out of bed.

Going into the bathroom I did my daily routine. My eyes were semi-red and puffy. That wasn't going to be an issue because in an hour or so my eyes would be normal.

"Cheer up sis! You finally 19!", I heard Kai say from the doorway.

"I don't care. When did you get here?", I said softly brushing past her.

"A few minutes ago. Mama and Kay out in the living room.", she said sitting in my desk chair.

"That's good to know. I thought I told y'all plans for today were cancelled.", I said sliding my feet into my ugg slippers.

"Girl bye. We still on for today cause I kinda sorta didn't get you a gift yet.", she mumbled.

"Well isn't that tragic?", I said sarcastically.

"Not really. So come on let's get some food into you so we can go.", she said pulling me out of my room.

"How you more excited for my birthday than me?", I mumbled.

"Because you're grown now.", she said pulling me to my mama.

"Happy birthday Yaya.", she said standing to give me a hug.

"Thanks.", I said giving her a fake smile.

"Come on. Get dressed, you need to eat and then get ready to go to the skydiving place.", she said running her fingers through my hair.

"I'm tryna stay in my house and eat.", I mumbled.

"You not. And what about your friends?", she asked.

"They'll be fine.", I shrugged.

"Yeah they will cause you going take yo ass in that room and put on your first outfit you planned before me and you be in the back of OP car.", she threatened me.