XXVIII

Next Week
November 2019
Houston, Texas
The Galleria
5:34 p.m.
Kyaih's POV

"This is cute don't ya think?", India asked showing me a fuschia tutu dress. My baby will not be wearing that, but I'm not finna hurt her feelings. Well fuck it.

"Ion know. Ion too much like this color, see if you can find it in another color.", i said while texting Aiden back. He was with us but in footlocker looking for shoes. I kept trying to tell him that Zoriah didn't need any shoes right now but he ain't wanna listen just like his damn mama. Can't tell these niggas nothing.

"I found one in blue or do you not like this color?", she said making me cut my eyes at her.

"Blue is actually my favorite color so you can get it.", I said rubbing my hand over my stomach. Today she wasn't really moving, which was scaring me. She normally not this still especially if I'm being active.

"What's wrong?", India asked rubbing my back.

"The baby isn't moving and I'm starting to get scared.",I said moving my hand to the side of my stomach.

"Do you wanna go to the hospital?", she asked.

"No. I'm going to call my doctor and see what she says before going.", I said scrolling through my contacts for her number.

Once she answered I let out a breathe of relief. I didn't want them to stick needles in me until I was actually time to give birth.

"Dr. Mikeal speaking, what can I do for you?", she answered.

"Hi doc it's me Kyaih, I have a question for you.", I sighed.

"What's your question sweetheart?", she asked.

"Should I be worried if the baby isn't moving?", I asked.

"Here's what I can tell you, if she isn't moving she's probably sleeping or she doesn't have any energy from you not eating. If you already ate then there's a possibility she's taking a chill day. If she still isn't moving later tonight then call me and head straight to the hospital.", she said making my heart race. "Honey calm down. Do not stress yourself out over this. If it helps, I'll send you a list of things you can do to make the baby move okay?"

"Yes ma'am. Thank you.", I sighed.

"I'm just doing my job and personally, you're my favorite patient. Don't stress yourself out, this is normal in this stage of the pregnancy you're in.", she said.

"Okay. Enjoy the rest of your day.", I sighed.

"You too sweetheart and keep those stress levels down. Bye bye."

"Bye bye.", I said pressing the power button once the call ended. "If it's okay, imma go home in case I need to go to the hospital, but imma get some food and let Aiden know."

"Okay, you go head and go look for Aiden, while I pay for this.", she said before kissing my cheek.

I nodded and left her there. Once I found Aiden, I was going to tell him,get food and then go home to make sure my baby was still here. I came too far to just let her go. She's my everything and if I lose her, I'll lose myself.