XV

Three Days Later
Sunday, June 28, 2019
Houston, Texas
7:55 a.m.
Kyaih's POV

Today I have an interview at a nearby jewelry store. After talking to Aiden the other day, I figured why not apply for an internship.

I could care less about getting paid for it. At least if I didn't do anything this summer, I had a job to keep me occupied.

Speaking of the person who gave me the idea, haven't heard from him since i dropped him off at his condo, but i ain't tripping. Maybe its for the best.

Fixing my pants, i sighed and left out the bathroom. After the interview i was going to go pop at my mama's job and mess with her.

"Let's go.", i said to myself.

Grabbing my keys and my phone and headed out the door. Today was gon be a good day no matter what happened. Wasn't finna let nobody tear me down cause somebody pissed in they cerals this morning.

Jogging to my car, i hurried up and got in. Before i could start my car, my phone started ringing. Without looking at the caller ID i answered it and started my car.

My phone automatically connected to the Bluetooth so i just spoke.

"Kyaih Summers speaking."

"My nigga Yaya wassup? Why yo ass ain't play me back in 8-ball?", Dwayne's voice boomed through the speakers.

"My nigga Dwayne and I'm sorry. I've been busy comforting yo friend and looking for a job. I'm actually on my way to an interview right now.", i told him as i pulled out of the parking lot.

"You good. But what you finna get into after that?"

"Imma pull up on mama while she at work and then after that nothing unless y'all got something planned."

"Me, Reece, Cam, yo nigga, and Damon going to the mall around one you can meet us there and then at 6 my auntie hosting this lil kickback and we all going. Including you lil bit so be dressed and ready to go by 5:20 cause she live in Pearland and we all taking my truck."

"I'll see what i can do. And tell yo friend i said double team. He know what it mean.", i said laughing to myself.

"Aight lil bit."

"Bye my nigga Dwayne."

"Bye my nigga Yaya.", he said before hanging up.

Me and Dwayne have gotten really close. He like that one favorite older cousin that act like yo sibling.

Pulling into the parking lot i sighed before turning my car off. Hopefully this spot is mine. I brought my sketchbook and the sample pieces i didn't wanna sell.

Taking a deep breath, i got out of the car and made my way to the front door. I stepped in and walked to the front counter.

It was this fine ass nigga standing behind it.

He had long dreadlocks, a lil goatee, with a hat on.

(A/N: picture him as Zoie)

He was prolly gay cause the extra fine niggas always gay. And if he wasn't I'd jump onnat, but i promised myself that i would lay off niggas for a while.