XIX

Friday, June 10, 2019
Houston, Texas
Julez
2:12 p.m.
Kyaih's POV

Sitting at my station i was in my own lil world working on the piece Lee asked me to do. I was kinda happy because it was almost time for my lunch break and i aint ate since i had IHOP this morning.

Aiden surprisingly went and got me breakfast before i clocked in for work.

Ole girl who i learned name was Ashley ain't popped up at work today. I was in good spirits today and nobody was going to ruin them.

"Kyaih baby.", Ri said approaching my station.

"Yes love?", i said not looking up from my work.

"Where you wanna go for lunch?", he asked.

"I'm craving chinese so Panda Express.", i said.

"Okay. Meet me up front when you're done. I'm bout to go ask Dee is she joining us today.", he said before walking away.

Focusing back on my work, i sighed sensing someone was standing over me. Not looking up, i spoke to whoever it was.

"How may i help you?"

"Congratulations sis.", Ashley said.

"Thank you kindly. Is that all you came to say cause I'm tryna work.", i told her.

"No it's not. I came to tell you that if you're trying to pin a baby on my man it's not gon work.", she said making me put my tools down. I turned my light off and took my glasses off.

"Babygirl have a seat right quick. I wanna fill you in on something. I'm not about to fight with you or argue with you over a nigga cause that's stupid. Okay? Next thing don't come at me trying to say ion know who my baby's father is because i know it and he know it. Now you gon stop coming at me out the side of your neck like i actually did something to you. Just cause the nigga you want, don't want you means move on. You can do a whole lot better than him sis so go do better than him. Next time you pop off on me imma stick you. Have a nice day sis and you should really listen to what i said about moving on.", i said before going back to working on Mrs. Grant's piece.

She sat there for a few seconds before getting up and walking away. I'm not about to lose my job or my cool for a girl who tripping over a nigga.

I'll also be damned if she try and play me like im out here sleeping around. The actual nerve of this bitch. See i can't even focus on my work no more.

I packed the piece up and locked it in my desk like everything else was and headed to the front to meet Ri.

"You ready toots?", Dee asked.

"Yeah let's go.", i nodded.

"Amir said him and Aiden will meet us at Panda Express so who car we taking?", Dee asked.

"Mine since my car bigger than the both of y'alls.", Ri said swinging his keys.

"Kyaih how's the piece Lee asked you to do coming along?", Dee asked as we crossed the parking lot.

"Good so far. I just have to finish placing the cubic zirconias around the center.", i told her.

"You work faster than some of the people that's been here for years.", Ri said unlocking his car.