XIII

Continued....

Same Day
Houston, Texas
Aiden's Condo
6:30 p.m.

Kyaih's POV

After a long conversation, mama convinced me to hear Aiden out. She also told me that we all needed to sit down and have a conversation with Marcus and his family in where we stood.

To be honest, at this point I was over him and his family. I got over it end of story but if mama wanted me to be there for the conversation then I had nothing to do but show up.

Me and Aiden have been sitting here for the past few minutes just staring at each other.

"Aiden what happened Friday where you didn't show up?", I asked him.

He dropped his head and sighed.

"Friday morning I was gettin everything set up for us so we could kick back and enjoy ourselves. By that afternoon everything was finished so I had time to do whatever I needed to do. I went got a haircut and bought some new jewelry. So while I was getting ready, my pops called and said that my moms had passed out and that they were at the hospital. Kyaih they said my moms was dying.", he said as his voice cracked.

"Dammit Aiden! Why didn't you call or text me that? I would've been up there right along with you. Then you ignored me for a week but you talked to everybody else. Why is that?", I said tilting my head to the side.

Once I got my answer then I would comfort him. But first right now I want my answer.

"I wanted to give you space for standing you up cause lord knows if I would be popped the next day, you would've tried to kill me or injured me.
I

also needed time to process what the doctors told me about my moms.", he said tearing up.

I sighed and moved to the couch he was sitting on and pulled his head into the crook of my neck. He wrapped his arms around my torso and let all his weight fall on me. I fell back against the couch letting my head and back softly hit the couch.

He shifted his body to where he was comfortably laying on top of me. I felt him sigh against my neck before he started shaking in my arms. Feeling water on my neck, I started to rub his back with one hand and his head with the other.

I couldn't believe I was actually sitting well laying here comforting him.

"Aiden she's going to be fine. Take all them negative thoughts out of your head. When's the last time you went to see her?"

"Last Saturday.", he mumbled into my neck.

"And today is Wednesday. Zorye get off me and go see her.", I sighed.

"I can't."

"Yes you can and you will. Get off me and come on. I'll go with you if you need me to.", I offered.

"Kyaih I can't aight! I can't see her like that man.", he yelled lifting himself off me.

"Aiden take that bass out your voice before I hurt you.", I stated calmly. "Go put your shoes on and let's go. I'm offering to go with you so let's go."

He just sat on the couch with his hands over his eyes.

"If I gotta tell you one more time it won't be pretty. Aiden get up and let's go I'm not playing witchu.", I sighed. I was started to lose my patience something I barely had left.