XXVI

Time Skip: 5 months

Houston, Texas
Summer's Residence
November
3:12 p.m.
Kyaih's POV

I am six months pregnant with my baby. Today is the gender reveal/ baby shower. I picked yellow and grey since i wanted something non-traditional and that was the official theme of the baby's room.

I left my mom in charge of the invitation list so she invited Aiden, his family, and his friends. I'm not tripping as long as they stay away from me.

She had me dressed in a white maxi dress, because her, Kai, and Kayden were going to throw paint on me to reveal the gender. Once the outfit dried, i was going to frame it and hang it in the baby's room.

Sighing i rubbed my hand over my stomach and left out my old room. I needed to eat before i fainted somewhere. Walking down the stairs, i smiled at the family that were already here.

I entered the kitchen and got happy when i saw the fruit platter. I took the whole thing and went outside where we were supposed to be but you know Texas weather is bipolar. All this wind and shit gotta go.

The only people who knew the actual gender of the baby was my mama and my granny. They went with me for all my appointments so i wouldn't be experiencing my whole pregnancy alone.

It gets sad experiencing pregnancy milestones by myself, but im a real nigga so i only need God and my mama. I sat at the table they designated for me and started eating the fruit.

"Girl that fruit better be good.", Kai said walking up to me recording.

"It is. If you want some go get it out the kitchen and leave me and my baby alone.", i shrugged. I guess she took over the video idea for Camryn.

"Ma said once the Grant's and the crew arrive we'll start the games.", she said before walking away.

I didn't care what they did as long as i found out the gender of my baby I'm fine. Cause as soon as this is over, I'm loading my car up and I'm going home.

I pulled out my phone and logged onto my student portal to check what assignments needed to be done. So far school hasn't been stressful like i thought it was.

I had two assignments due before next Thursday, so after i got the baby's stuff into my apartment, i was going to start working on them.

"Kyaih!", i heard India say making me sigh. I already knew she was going to tell me to talk to them so i couldn't be disrespectful.

"Hi Mr. and Mrs. Grant. Thank you for coming, you can place the gifts in the living room when you go back in there. If you want anything to eat or drink everything is in the kitchen.", i said as they both hugged me.

"Congratulations girly.", Mr. Grant said before taking the gift and heading inside leaving me and India alone.

"So Aiden told me what happened and you best believe i beat the shit outta him. If he don't wanna be in the baby's life that's him because i know one thing's for sure me and Quin will. I need a grandbaby to spoil and that's exactly what I'm going to do.", she said making me smile.