XVII

Thursday, July 9, 2019
Houston, Texas
Texas Children's Hospital Maternal
1:15 p.m.
Kyaih's POV

I was sitting in one of the rooms with Camryn by my side. The doctor had already came in and i explained everything to her so she made me take a pee test.

My nerves were all over the place and Camryn had been trying to calm me down. After this i was going to go to my mama's house and tell her my news. Same thing with Aiden.

The doctor came back in with a folder and a smile on her face. Which meant my suspicions were probably correct.

"Okay Kyaih. Lemme be the first to tell you congratulations.", Dr. Mikeal said after closing the door.

"Oh my god.", i mumbled. "Ummmm how far along am i?"

She opened the folder and skimmed whatever she was looking at before looking back up at me. "3 weeks and 6 days. Would you like to see your little one?"

"Yes.", me and Camryn said at the same time.

I looked at her and she had a big ass smile on her face. "What this is my niece or nephew in you. I wanna see."

"Your auntie card is revoked.", i said making her straight face me.

"Girl hush and listen to the doctor.", she said waving me off.

"I gotchu when we leave.", i laughed.

"Okay Ms. Summers lay back and lift your shirt up.", she told me as she turned on the screen on.

I did as told and then i looked at Camryn who was recording me.

"What? Im documenting every milestone so we don't miss anything.", she said making me laugh at her.

"I didn't say anything Cam."

"Your face did.", she shrugged.

"Okay now this is going to be a little cold.", she said squirting the jelly on my stomach.

I jumped a little and then shivered when she started rubbing the probe over my stomach. Camryn reached over and grabbed my hand giving it a little squeeze.

"Okay now right there is your little embryo. Its already found a home so now its going to start growing into your little girl or little boy. At the next appointment you'll be able to see the form of your baby. Would you like me to print out the pictures?", she asked finally looking at me.

I wiped my eyes and smiled. "Yes please."

I actually have a human being growing inside me.

"Okay. It'll take five minutes to print. So while its printing, I'm going to go head and schedule your next appointment and get you your prenatal vitamins.", she said cleaning off my stomach.

"I'm only off on Tuesday's and Thursday's. So could we schedule the appointment for one of those days?", i asked sitting up.

"Yes ma'am. We can schedule it right now, just follow me out to the front desk.", she said helping me off the chair.