8

Shawn's POV

I brought mom at Y/N's clinic. They need to talk. We reached the hospital at exactly eight a.m, just in time. Y/N's clinic is not open for consultation to anyone. You need to book an appointment, and we did that.

"Come in, sir" Her assistant opened the door for us.

"Oh hi, Mrs. Mendes. How are you?" Y/N greeted my mom with her unique and very sweet voice.

Y/N started talking to my mom. They discuss about the operation and some papers that needs to be done. While they were talking, I can't control my eyes looking at Y/N's face. Her beautiful and now matured looking face is hitting me. Her perfect body figure is emphasized with her jeans and white shirt.

She caught me looking at her. I pretended not looking at her. She's still the same Y/N I used to be with before. I'm pretty sure she doesn't have a boyfriend.

We were about to leave when my mom fainted. We took her immidiately to the emergency room.

"Her liver is not working properly. Her liver transplant should be done as soon as possible" Y/N said.

"Just do everything to save her" I said in a high tone voice.

"Trust me. Your mom is in good hands" She nodded and went back to the emergency room.

They rushed mom to the operation room and did the procedure. I waited outside the operating room. Waiting for what could've been the result. I waited for almost 2 hours and a half before a doctor came out. I stood up and its Y/N removing her mask.

She came to me and said."Your mom's okay. We had a successful operation, Shawn"

I felt tears ran down to my cheeks. I hugged Y/N, and thanked her.

"Thank you so much. Thank you"

She tapped my back and excused herself.

My mom's in the room now resting. The doctor's still need to monitor my mom's condition. I went out and saw Y/N talking to someone. I can't tell if it's a girl or a guy.

I went out and bought coffees. I bought Y/N's favorite coffee. I still remember everything about her.

I texted her and told her to meet me at the hospital's cafeteria. I sat infront of her and gave her the coffee.

"Thanks" she said as she sips from the coffee.

"So, what do you doing right now?" I started asking her.

"Well besides from doing surgical activities, I attends seminars. You know, I still need to learn more" She answerd. "How 'bout you?" She asked.

"I go out of town for business meetings. But right now, my brother's taking care of the business" I said.

"How's your family? You're wife's really gorgeous. I bet your kids are so great" She said smiling.

"Wife? I don't have a wife and kids" I answered.

I saw how embarrassed she is. She apologizes.

"She's my sister" I said.

"Oh I see"

"How 'bout you? Do you hve your own?" I asked.

"I still don't have too" She answered.

I was about to ask her about her relationship status when a guy wearing a pilot's uniform came and kissed Y/N.

Y/N, stood up and hugged him. "Shawn, my boyfriend Justine. Justine this is Shawn"

"Nice to meet you, Shawn. Justine Flinn" He said as we handshake.

"Uhmm, I have to go. Thank you for this" Y/N said and left with her boyfriend.

I felt something strange. I was like torn apart. Seeing her so happy with other man hurts me. I still love her. I can't forget the way she loved and supoorted me. I was a burden to her. I still haven't moved on. It was so fast. Everything happened so fast.

My sister is with mom so I don't have to worry much. I went home and took a bath and prepared for work.

My brother saw me and joined me in the elevator. My office is in the tenth floor.

"How's mom?" He asked me.

"She's fine. But the doctors are still monitoring her condition" I answered. "I should be the one asking. How's the mining investment of Mr. Yee?"

"Mr. Yee is very hard to deal with. I'm so stressed. But I won't give up on him. I scheduled another meeting with him. This time i'll make sure that he'll sign this papers" He said.

I still can't get over it. Why am I so affected? Because I haven't moved on? I can find a girl better than her.

Just right when I said it in my mind, Alexandria Stillbergh came inside my office. She's the daughter of one of our investor. She always visit me here every Wednesday.

"Hey, I hope you don't mind. Besides your door's left open" She said as she enters my office holding a box.

"Yeah, it's okay" I said. I stood up and came to her.

"Are you free today?" She asked me.

"Today? No" I answered straightforward.

"Oh, okay" She said.

"What brought you here?" I asked.

"Well, I just wanna visit the guy I always dreamed about" She answered me and giggled.

I felt disgusted of the way she delivered it. Alexandria is not my type. She's more of a bitchy type of girl. I believe she already hooked up with some other guys.

Thank you for reading this chapter. Don't forget to vote and share this story. Hope you guys enjoy. Lovelots!!!