22

Shawn's POV

*2 years later...

"Sir your meeting with Mrs. Chen will be moved at eleven-thirty"

"Mr. Mendes you need to sign these papers"

"Goodmorning sir"

"Great day sir"

I stopped for a while, thinking of something. Am I really in a office or in the market? It's very noisy, and everyone was on their seats working, except for my secretary.

"Stephanie, bring those in my desk" I told my new secretary. My former secretary, filed a resignation letter two weeks ago. She's pregnant and needs to rest. And ny new one is so young. She's only twenty years old. But, she does a great job.

"Yes sir" She held the papers and went to my office.

I went inside my office and sat on my chair. I missed the whole thing. I just got home from our family vacation at Australia. My sister's boyfriend lived there. He accompanied us there for two weeks. We stayed at his home and he gave us alot of time to tour places.

"Sir, you want coffee?" Steph asked.

"Uhm yeah sure. Black please" I smiled at her.

I am now adjusting on some few things. My company just got bigger. My brother helped me make it to this stage. At a very young age he's starting to earn hundred thousand.

I am very proud of him. He's my younger version. I am so close to thirty and I am already accepting the fact that sooner or later I'll be leaving this environment and passed it to my brother. I have already done so many achievements in the company it's time for me to give chance to others.

I was signing the papers. My phone is ringing. I looked at it and smiled. It's Brielle. She's with mom, they hang out very often. I love seeing them together. It's like a happiness in two.

"Yes babe?" I asked. Clicking the loudspeaker.

"Nothing I just missed you" She said.

"I miss you too babe" I answered

"Mom's so busy buying groceries and stuffs" She said.

"Just let her do her thing. I just want you too to enjoy" I told her.

"Alright, i'll hang up. I know you got lots of work to do Mendes" She said.

"Bye. Love you"

"Love you"

I was energized. Brielle's my source of stregnth. She never got tired of being on ny side. Seeing my weaknesses, she never left me.

I stood up and sprayed a bit of scent on my suit and self. The lady I am meeting, will be one of our biggest investors in the company. And will be our second lady investor. I will make sure we'll get her. This one's a huge opportunity for me and the company.

I went to the meeting room with my secretary and one of my trusted employee David who will give her a brief.

"Mrs. Chen's waiting" Steph said and was about to open the door for me but I took the knob and I was the one who opened the door for her.

She's still a lady and needs to be respected. I am the boss but a lady doesn't need to open a door to a man like me.

"Thank you sir" She said.

"Hi sir" David greeted me.

I nodded at him as my reply.

"Hello Mrs. Chen. Shawn Mendes, CEO of the company"

"Oh yes, hi Mr. Mendes. It's a pleasure to meet you"

We hand-shaked each other.

"So Mr. Mendes, what should I expect or get if I ever invest here?" She asked.

I was very confident of getting her. "David please"

David explained and showed everything Mrs. Chen needs to know about the invesment in a presentation. She looks very interested about it.

"How can I be so assured that I won't be dissapointed?" She asked.

"Mrs. Chen, most of our investors are foreign investors. We never had problems with them. We have given them their needs and satusfied them. We have never had problems with them. So Mrs. Chen, are you in?" I asked her.

It took her seconds before She answered. "Alright then it's settled. Mr. Mendes, prepare the papers and I will be back after two days"

I felt very proud. David and Steph looked so happy too. I give the credits to them for helping me get this investor. They had sleepless nights, making reports and presentations.

"You two were the best buddies" I gave them two thumbs up.

**
I entered our house, with a joy marked on my face.

"You look so happy" Brielle kissed me.

"Another achievement" I answered back.

"Where's mom?" I asked. Removing my shoes and resting my back on the sofa.

"She's already sleeping" She answered.

"Why are you still awake?"

"I'm waiting for you"

She smiled at me.

"I think you should marry me" She said.

"What? Brielle, are you serious?" I asked her.

I love her so much and I am willing to marry her, but not too soon. I'm not ready. I'm still preparing.

"What made you think of that babe?" I asked her.

"I'm pregnant" she said.

"You're what?" I must have misheard it.

"I said i'm pregnant" She repeated.

"Are you sure?"

"Here" she showed me two pregnancy tests that are positive.

"My family would get mad at me uf they found out that you won't marry me after getting me pregnant. Shawn, I need you now" Tears started to fall.

"Don't cry babe. Of course I'll marry you and take full responsibility for that. Does your family know?"

"Not yet. But I'm planning to tell them as soon as possible. I'm heading back home" She said, wiping her tears.

"I'm coming with you"

"We should tell your mom and sister" She hugged me.

"Yes we will. Tomorrow" I hugged her back and escorted her to our room.

She finally fell asleep and I to our balcony. I really couldn't believe what is happening. I should've be more careful or just avoided pre-marital sex. It was all my fault.

But I will marry her and be a man, for the sake of our child.

Stay tuned for my next update. I'll publish a one shot story next year and try to make more if it gained reads and votes from you loves. Thank you and lovelots!!!