28

SHAWN'S POV

"We need to start buying stuffs for our baby" She said, holding her growing tummy.

"We haven't guess its gender" I said.

"Then, we'll buy unisex baby stuffs" She answered.

I really prefer knowing the gender first before buying things for the baby. Boy or Girl, I'll be very happy.

"It's not only for the baby. I also need to buy diapers, napkins, tissues and other birth stuffs" She stood up and went to my back, hugging it.

"Okay, fine. Get ready" I said. I can't bear seeing her being sad.

While diving, Brielle was complaining about her body. She's getting a little bit big. I have seen her amazing body changes, but I stayed silent, because she'll get mad if i'd tell her she's getting big.

"It's part of your pregnancy. Don't worry, you'll get back to your shape" I assured her.

"Our baby's getting big, Shawn" She said with a smile in her face.

I parked the car near the entrance, for less hassle. I'm sure she'll buy everything she can in the store.

We started looking for baby cribs, I saw this very simple looking baby crib. It can be for both sex.

"Gabby, look at this. It's perfect" I said pointing out on the crib.

She looked at the price tag then looked at me. She disagreed. But why? It's so nice though.

"Yeah, it's nice. But it's not practical if you buy that" She said.

"We can afford it. And it's not that bad"

"We can afford it, yes. We can still spend money on clothes, feeding bottles and many more. Trust me, we'll only use it for a short period of time"

She do has a point. We ended up buying the ones in mid-price. Not too cheap, not too high in price. The quality's 4/5. Not bad for it's price.

After that we bought feeding bottles, milk containers and cleaners. She also bought bottle sterilizer for the baby. We went to another store and there she bought clothes and sanitary stuffs. We spend three hours shopping.

"I'm hungry. Where do you want to eat?" She asked me.

"I wanted to eat steak" I answered.

"Nahh, let's eat ramen. So yummy" She said.

Okay. She asked me what I wanted to eat. I said steak, but she went for ramen. She's pregnant...

After eating we went back home and rested. Brielle got tired, she fell asleep on the couch.

As I watch her, mom came to me. She tapped my shoulders. "Soon you'll be staring at two people" She said.

I smile at the thought of it. It's true, soon it will be two of them.

"Shawn, your sister and his boyfriend planned to settle" Mom said seating on one of the chairs.

"Well a good choice for them"

"They'll have a civil wedding. Only close friends and relatives are invited" She explained. "Maybe you and Brielle, want to have a civil wedding. Just for the sake of your growing family" She asked.

"I wanted to give her a nice church wedding" I answered.

"Shawn, it doesn't matter if it's a church or civil wedding. What matters the most is you two are living together legally" Mom said. "I'm not saying that I'm against to both of you. But I really can't take it seeing you two have a baby, but not married".

"I'll ask her about it" I answered.

"It's okay if you don't want to. But trust me, you'll struggle about it"

I didn't answered. Mom is right, Brielle's having a hard time deciding because she always think of her parents' judgement. What her parents would say always matters.

"Hey, I wanted to talk to you" I went to her.

"What's that?" She asked.

"Our baby has a long way to go. He or she will most probably come out next year" I started.

"Then? What about it?" She asked again.

"I was wondering if we could get married before the baby comes out" I said.

"Uhmm, let me ask my parents first" She answered.

"For what?" I asked.

"So that we know when and where we'll get married"

"Brielle it's our choice, not theirs. We just have to ask for their blessing. Not their decision" I said to her.

"But, Shawn"

"We won't get married in a grand way. We'll just get married in a civil way. I can afford a church wedding, but it will take so much time"

She became silent. I went out of the room. I really don't know why she'd always ask her parents. Were not kids anymore. We make our own decision.