15

Y/N's POV
Alisha and I were hanging out. My shift was done and I am free from stress. Alisha's office hours were done too. Justine had his flight and won't be staying with me. So I had my bestfriend with me.

"So, have you picked your wedding dress?" She asked me.

"No, not yet. Maybe next week" I answered checking my phone if there's any e-mails.

"Is Shawn still talking to you?" Alisha asked me and I looked at her.

"Uhmm, yeah. But it's because of her mom" I answered.

"Oh, I see" She replied.

We talked about so many things. About our life and our plans after marriage.

"Wait, I forgot to tell you" She said.

"What is it?"

"I have a boyfriend now and his name is Ivan" She said.

I looked at her with my best expression. I am so happy for her. For so many years, I thought she wouldn't have time for these commitments.

"I'll make sure you meet him, before you get married. Soon to be, Mrs. Flinn" She giggled.

I was not used to be called Mrs. Flinn. I'm still not comfortable, maybe because we're still not married.

"It's getting late though. Let me drive you home" She insisted.

I didn't bring my car beacuse it was so traffic and I just went for public transportation which is much faster than our own vehicle when there's a traffic.

We got home and I asked her to come with me.

"Y/N It's been so long since I last, stepped my feet here" Alisha said, fantasizing my home.

"Want a drink?"

"No, I'm good. Thank you"

"So I decided that you'll be my maid of honor" I said to her. My wedding will be one of my special day, so I also wanted my maid of honor to be special. It's Alisha, who was by my side. I mean it's not that big of a deal but she deserves it. Were sisters by heart.

"Really? I can't believe it" She answered.

"You just really deserve it, so much" I said.

After almost an hour of talking, she decided to go home.

"I'll go ahead, Mrs. Flinn" She said.

I let out a laugh. "Sure. Be careful"

"I will" She answered and drove her car.

I went back inside and rested. It's been a busy and tiring day.

The next day, I woke up I feel very happy. I don't why, but I'm feeling a happy vibe. I went down to prepare my breakfast.

**

*phone rings*

"Hello, goodmorning" I said.

"Goodmorning doc. I borrowed someone's phone"

"Is there any important, seminar? Meeting? An urgent surgery?" I asked.

"An urgent surgery doc"

"Wait, at this time?" I asked.

"Yeah. Doctor Alex and the group is waiting for you"

"Alright. On my way. Tell them give me ten minutes"

I hanged up. I took the shortcut for a faster travel time. I did reach there and immidiately went to the Operating room.

After the operation

"That one was exhausting" I talked to my co-doctors.

"My back is aching darling" the senior said.
We were all resting when my secretary called me. She said Shawn was waiting at my office. I stood up and excused myself

I went inside my clinic and saw Shawn on the couch.

"Oh, hey" I said.

I was about to come closer to him when he stood up. I stopped. I could smell liquor in him. My heart started to pound. I was nervous.

He walked towards me and took my hand. I am still calm. There were no trace of fear in my face.

"Y/N You know how much I love you. Since our college auuhhmmm" He sounded like a very drunk man. Well he is.

"Shawn, you need to go home" I said and was about to lead him to the doorway when he grabbed me and I fell on the couch.

"Shawn please no. Noooo" I asked but he was too drunk and out of his mind.

He rained kisses over me "Y/N please be with me again. I miss you so much".

I had the chance to punch him. He was knocked out.

I was trembling and called my secretary. I also called Alisha on my phone and she was hurrying to come to me.

I asked Alisha to not to tell Justine about this. He's sure gonna be mad and will do everything to make Shawn be in jail.

"I thought I was going to be raped" I said and drank my water.

"Just relax. This won't go out. You're safe girl" Alisha assured me.

I rested for a while and went out to catch some fresh air. Alisha asked me why I decided not to call the cops. I told her that maybe he just had problems and he was drunk. I know him too well. It's just happened at the wrong time. What if someone had entered my clinic and saw us? They'll thought were making out and that'll be my biggest problem if ever it happened.

I suddenly remembered the day that made our relationship miserable. He was also drunk that time and out of his mind. I told myself to stop remembering the past. And just focus in the present, where I am going to be married with the man I love, Justin.

I went back in the hospital and continued my shift.

Thank you for reading. Stay tuned for the next chapter. Lovelots!!!