9

Y/N's POV

"When are you coming back?" I asked Justine who was busy, preparing his stuffs.

"I don't know. Maybe less than or more than a month. I'll visit my grandparents there" He said as he hands me his unfolded shirts.

Justine will fly to Germany. He'll visit his grandparents there. He wanted me to come with him but I can't. I still have lots of work to do. Patients come and go.

"You sure with your descion?" He asked me again.

"Yes I am. I'd love to come but you see patients come and go" I explained.

"Oh by the way, mom wanted us to come over at their place"

"When?"

"Tomorrow evening

"Sure. I'm so excited to see Mrs. Flinn. It's been so long since the last time I visited there"

"I'll pick you up at five" He said.

I went to his kitchen and looked for something to eat. I was so astonished to see Justine's kitchen cabinet with full of foods. He has stocks of biscuits, chips and bottled waters and juices. I didn't know he can do this. I was ususally the one doing his grocery because he's busy at the airport.

"Did you just bought these?" I pointed out the foods.

"Yeah. Why?" He answered.

"How? I mean when did you have a time for groceries?"

"I realized that sometimes I should be the one doing groceries" He said, grabbing whatever food he gets from the cabinet.

I felt very proud of him. It means so much to me. These little things he does makes me realize that he's such a great man. Justine doesn't need to prove anuthing to anyone. Even to me. Because I know that he gives his best to whatever he is doing. A man with great efforts, is all I need.

Justine and I prepared our dinner. He cooked my favorite bonchon style chicken, while I do the salad. As much as possible we avoid eating rice and replaced it with fruits and vegetables. We also have our cheat days.

After dinner, I rested a bit and took a bath.
Justine wanted me to stay with him but I still have work tomorrow. I know he'll understand.

I drove back home. I have a small and simple house two hours away from Justine's. I prefer the small type of house. Since i'm always alone.

I went upstairs and changed into my pajamas. I took my laptop and looked at some beaches. It's been ten years ago since I last went to the beach. Med school took it all.

I realized that I should give myself more time to relax. Working for me is fun, but relaxing is more fun.

Maybe I should go to Bali, or Maldives. Those places are worth it. Affordability won't be a problem. I'm more of a beach type of person.

Shawn's POV

Mom's birthday will be next month. If you're gonna ask me, I'd rather celebrate her birthday in a fancy restaurant, than  going out of town. But you see, in my case mom and my sister will always win.

My sister booked a flight to Maldives. We'll be there three days before mom's 58th birthday. I wanted her birthday to be more special, besides celebrating with us her children it will be more special if we celebrate it in a nice and very cozy place.

Mom is always into beaches. She always tell us how much money she spends as a teenager just to go to beaches.

While us, we spend all our time working inside the office. I also realized that we need some time for relaxation. Where there will be no paperworks, machinery problems and hard to deal with investors.

I went to mom's room and checked her. My sister hired a private nurse for mom. We do have time, but it's not enough.

"Brielle, how's my mom?" I asked mom's nurse.

"She's doing great, sir" She answered.

Brielle is such a good person. She prioritizes my mom's need. She stays with us from sunday up to friday. Saturday is her day off. She usually go out, but for some reasons she prefer staying at our private house.

Thank you for reading this chapter. Hope you enjoy it. I'm so sorry, I posted this chapter like almost a month after the last chapter. I just have to do some school related stuffs. Don't forget to vote and share this to your friends. Lovelots!!!