12

Shawn's POV

Mom's enjoying her birthday trip. I could tell based on her expressions. She may have some health issues but she never let that stop her from being happy. She means alot to me. The source of my success. I couldn't be here without her.

We arrived yesterday here in Maldives. I'm really not a fan of beaches, but the view they give me is what I like. Lily beach resort and spa is the best place for mom. She liked it very much. Relaxing is what she really wants.

"Do you like the place mom?" I asked her.

"I love it! This place is fantastic" Mom replied cupping my cheeks.

"How much did you pay for this? Did it cost you too much?" She asked, with a worried face.

"Mom, too much is not enough to thank you for everything" I answered.

"Awww, my son. You and your sister is the reason why I thank God for giving me another life" She said.

I hugged her and planted a kiss on her forehead.

Mom was sleeping and Brielle was alone in the balcony. I came closer to her.

"You okay?" I asked her.

"Uhm, yes. I'm fine" She answered, smiling.

"Is this your first time travelling?"

"Actually, no. I've been to many countries"

"Oh wow" I answered.

We started chatting. She told me her story, while I listen. I was starting to know her better. I love it the way she speak and emphasizes her words. I just looked at her, and let her enjoy.

"Nursing is not really what I want. I really want interior designing, but you see that time, mom can't still afford it. That's why I ended up nursing, I earned scholarship"

"Well I, am just really into business. It's what I really have, the potential to run our business"

"You know sir, you're so lucky to have Mrs. Mendes as your mom. She talks about you and your siblings so much, that I can even write all of you your own stories" She said with a bit of laugh.

At evening we went to a restaurant, the simple one. I sat beside Brielle and let me tell you, I something unusual. There was the excitement that I never felt for a long time.

I stared at her for five minutes until my sister took my attention. She looked at me very suspicious,like I was a criminal.

"What?" I asked her

"Nothing" She smiled.

After dinner we went to our place. I stayed in my room. Still thinking of her. She's such a nice person, that I could be friends with her.

I took my phone and saw Y/N's name first. I went to my contacts and dialed her number. I really don't have acceptable reasons for calling her, I just want to hear her very lovely voice, that lingered on my mind.

She's not answering. Maybe she's busy. I brought my phone down and rested for a bit and decided to sleep.

Y/N's POV
I enjoyed every single dish, Justine's grandma cooks. I would definitely miss this when we go back home. It satisfies e everytime I enjoy my meal.

After breakfast, Justine and I decided to tour different places here. There were luxurious places and stores here. I loved seeing them. Everything was enjoyable. Even the tiniest animal here, I appriciate it so much. I've never been this so happy, when it comes to traveling with Justine. I mean he always joins me in travelling but he soon leaves.

We went to places we never visited when we're last here. There was so much joy from us. Overwhelmed by the place.

"We can actually stay here for good you know" I joked out while waiting for our coffee.

"We will if you want" He answered looking at me with love in his eyes.

We were chatting about our future plans when my phone vibrated. "Someone's calling babe" Justine noticed my phone. "Who?" I asked, sipping my coffee.
"Shawn" He answered. I stopped for a second. "Don't mind him" I said. "Why is he even calling you?" He asked with confusion. "I don't know" I answered.

At dinner, mama, Justine's grandmother cooked meal. She cooked my favorite food. It's been so long since I ate that. After dinner we headed to our respective rooms and rested.

"How are you feeling after our engagement?" He asked as I rest my head on his chest.

"I felt very happy more than I do. It took me days to realize that I'm already engaged and soon be married" I asnwered.

Thank you so much for reading. Don't forget to vote and share this story to your friends. Lovelots!!!

Sorry I've been very busy with school...