26

Y/N's POV

I got back to work now. I'm already feeling fine ready for work. I have a full recovery and my doctor ready told me that I should be back to my work. I've missed being at the hospital and doing surgeries. I'm on duty right now. No one's staying at our house since Justine's back to work as well and I'm on my shift.

I was on my desk, doing research on my laptop, when our senior surgeon entered my room. I stood up and greeted her.

"You've really recovered Y/N" She said giving me a hug.

"I am Ma'am" I answered her.

She's like a mother to me. She taught me so many lessons not just in med but real life lessons. Even cooking lessons.

"You're really a strong woman. So how's it going?" She asked me. Sitting on my couch.

"I think i'm doing really great. I moved on and just think of the brighter things that could happen in the future"

"Well I'm really happy for the both of you. Justine's a huge help. I saw his efforts. He really loves you"

"He is a great man. He never left me. He did so much sacrifices. He missed so many workdays because of me, but I never heard any complaint from him" I told her.

Justine did the most of the job. He didn't mind missing so many workdays, flights just to be with me. He took care of me. I told him I'll just get my mom so that he can work, but he didn't let me. He said he can do it.

"Are you planning to have a child again?" She asked.

I looked at her for a moment. "Yes we are. We're just waiting for the right time".

"That's good. You can carry more" We both laughed. "I'll go ahead, I still have some works to do. I just wanted to check my favorite surgeon" She said and winked at me.

I smiled. After she left, I stood up and went out to buy a coffee. I can't be sleepy today. I'll be at the hospital for 12 hours. I've been working here for so long and I still don't want their coffee here in the hospital.

I went inside the convinient store and went to the coffee vending machine. I was paying at the counter when suddenly someone called me.

"Y/N?"

I looked back. "Oh, hi Shawn" I greeted him.

"You on your duty?" He asked me.

"Yeah I am" I answered him and handed the lady my payment.

Shawn and I sat on the seats outside. We were talking.

"I haven't seen you for the past two or three weeks. What happened to you?" He said.

"Oh yeah, right. Uhm, I just took a rest because I had my third miscarriage" I said. And I felt happy for myself for not feeling the loneliness again.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't asked you that" He apologizes.

"No, it's okay" I assured him.

"So how's your life doing?"

"Me? Soon to be a dad" He answered.

"Congratulations" I said.

"Gabrielle's pregnant with our first child. We didn't expect it to come this early especially because we're not yet married" He said but I saw how happy he is.

"I know you'll do great" I said.

"You too soon" He said.

"You're so damn amazing Y/N"

"What do you mean?" I asked. I don't get it. What does he mean by that?

"I can't imagine you already had carried three babies in your womb" He said. I can feel it. He's making me feel good about myself.

"I think, I really am so damn amazing" I like being complimented and being supported especially in this stages of my life.

We walked going back to the hospital. He accompanied me.

"How's Justine?" He asked out of nowhere.

"He's doing great. Also busy on his work" I said.

"What about your mom?" I asked him back. Wanting to know more about his life now.

"She's busy taking care of pregnant ladies. My sister's pregnant too" He answered with a smile.

"I would love to have more talks with you but I still have works to do" I explained to him as we reach the hospital's entrance.

"I understand" He smiled

"Shawn, thank you. As in, so much. You made me feel better" I thanked him.

"No problem Y/N. You can always count on me. Here take this, call me if you need a friend" He handed me his calling card and I took it. I waved goodbye to him and he did the same. I went back to work feeling awakened and energized.

It's better to be late than to never greet y'all a happy holiday! Hope y'all enjoyed it. Lovelots!!!