27

Y/N's POV

Justine and I will be at their house for a family dinner. Her mom invited us. She said she missed us so much. I didn't wait for my husband to pick me up at work. I drove there and told him to just go straight here at their house. I didn't mind going home because I have spare clothes at my car. I always make sure I bring those with me in case of an emergency outfit-changing.

I got there at forty five minutes of driving. It's a bit far from ours. I drive for twenty-minutes from our home to work.

"Y/N dear, come here" Justine's father said as he saw me walking from the entrance.

"Hi dad, I'm sorry I didn't have anything to bring. I just finished my twelve-hour shift" I said, being barely shy to them.

"No, it's okay dear. We understand" Mom answered placing the plates on their places.

"I'll just take a shower. I'll be right back" they nodded as a sign of approval. I went to Justine's room and took a warm shower. I cleansed myself thoroughly and rinse myself with the warm water.

I went down, feeling so fresh and comfortable. I saw Justine going towards me, still in his uniform. He went on me and hugged me.

"Hi babe, I miss you" He hugged me and planted a kiss on my forehead. He always does that to me.

He went to his mom and hugged her then to his dad. "Where's Dannie?" He asked them. Then I realized my sister in law is not here. I was just very tired from work.

"Justine, we'll meet her boyfriend today that's why I called for a family dinner" Her mom answered.

My grew bigger as Justine and I looked at each other. "Boyfriend? She had a boyfriend? Since when?" Justine asked.

Her mom looked at her and explained. "I don't know how long they have been together".

Justine's father interrupted. "I didn't like the idea of Dannie and his so called boyfriend not telling us about them".

"I agree on that dad" Justine said.

"Why don't we give them a chance? Besides, none of us have seen them right?" I interrupted to them. I know it's the right thing to do, we cannot just judge them right away.

"I agree on that Y/N" Justine's mom said. I looked at her and she winked on me. We both laughed.

Time passed and we waited for Dannie and his boyfriend. Dannie came inside first then comes his boyfriend. His boyfriend looks so familiar to me.

"Hi Y/N" Dannie came to me and greeted me. Then she went to her parents and lastly to his brother.

"Goodevening Mr and Mrs Flinn, Justine, Doc Y/N" He greeted on us.

I smiled at him and wanted him to feel that we accept him.

"C'mon let's eat" Mom said.

While we were eating, Justine and his dad asked lots of questions to him.

"What's your name again?" Justine asked.

"Carlos. Carlos Axotes" He answered.

I couldn't feel any pressure or tremble on him. He seems to be so cool and relaxed. Well for me, it's a big Yes.

"Also a cabin crew?" Mom asked.

"Yes, Mrs. Mendes" He answered.

We finished eating and we decided to continue our talk in the living room. There we had a bit of conversation. I left there and went to the kitchen to get a water with Dannie.

She took bottles of water and asked me. "Do you think they like him?"

"Yeah, I guess. They're just trying to know him more" I answered as I took one bottle and drink from it.

"I hope so. Y/N, please convince my brother to like Carlos and accept him in our family" She asked me.

She's also trying her best to help his boyfriend be part of the family. I love them both and I am also trying my best.

We got back there and sat beside Justine. I can see through his face that he's also having a hard time. He reallsy loves his sister so much and I understand that he's just being a protective brother. But now is the time that I tell him that, Dannie's not a little girl anymore. She's already twenty-two and I know she can handle a relationship.

"Babe, you need to accept the fact that Dannie's an adult now. Besides, she's already settled. She's working now and we all know that she can be in a relationship" I told him and making him understand the situation.

"I know but I just don't want her to get hurt or worst..."

"I know what you mean" I said. "But Justine if she ever make a mistake she can learn from it. The only thing we have to do to avoid her being in that situation is to guide her. Guide them. Teach them what's the best thing to do" I added. I know he'll understand.

I also understand his side. He doesn't want his sister to be in the situation of being left behind. I also don't want her to be like that, but she has to learn from her mistakes. I know she'll do better. She'll be fine.

I went to Carlos and asked him. "Do we know each other?"

"Actually, yes. You were the doctor who took in charge of my father's operation" He answerd with a smile.

"Oh, I see" I answered. And then I remebered it.

"I didn't know you were Dannie's brother's wife. Because the last time we saw each other was like, three or four years ago. That was before you got married" He explained.

"It's been so long. Back to you, I know you'll do well. Don't hurt her feelings okay? Just give her the love and care she deserves and you'll be fine here" I gave him a tip on how to win the two Mr. Flinn's heart.

Shawn's POV

"How are you feeling today?" I asked my girlfriend who was seating beside me. We were watching some netflix films.

"I'm alright, just a bit pain" She answered. Last night I thought she's going to explode. She's twenty-four weeks pregnant now.

"You know Y/N right?"

"Yeah. What about her?" She asked.

"I got to talk to her and then I found out that she had a miscarriage" I told her Y/N's situation.

"What? Miscarriage" she answered unbelievably.

"Yes, miscarriage. She said it was her third one. She had lost three babies" I said.

"Poor Y/N. It must be beacuse of over-working without knowing" She said holding her womb.

"That's the reason why I don't want you to work" I went closer to her and hugged her.

"Okay, you smell so bad" She said letting go of my hug.

"No, I don't. Don't be very sensitive" I said.

I really don't smell so bad. I just took a bath.

"Your scent, it's so eww" She said.

This is not the best for Y/N, but I know she'll be okay. She's in good hands. How I wish I was like his husband.