17

Y/N's POV

I was in my clinic with a patient. I did some check-up on him. A fifty-five year old man, who's like my dad. He's so nice to doctors because her daughter was also a general surgeon like me but she died in a car accident, and he said he can see his daughter to me.

"Okay. Great day sir" I said as he leave my clinic.

Someone was calling. It was from an unknown number. I answered it.

"Goodmorning, Y/N speaking"

"Goodmorning my name is Gabrielle. Mrs. Mendes' nurse, do you have free time? Can we meet?" She asked over the phone.

"Uhm, Gabrielle right? I only have two hours. Is it okay?" I asked.

"Yeah sure. I'm in greenhills cafe near the hospital" She said.

"Yeah okay" I said and hang-up.

I went to the cafe she was talking about. And then I saw her, alone.

"Hi, goodmorning" I greeted.

"Have a seat" She said with a smile.

"First of all, I wanted to apologize for what Shawn did to you" She started.

"It's all right. Everything's settled, no need to worry" I assured her.

"Can you do me a favor?" She asked.

"Sure. What is it?"

"I want you to please stay away from Shawn. Stop flirting" She said.

I was silent. All I know is I'm doing my job and what we have is for her mother.

"I...I don't know what you mean?"

"Stop acting like you don't know it. You're already getting married but still you're reconnecting with your ex-boyfriend"

I was pissed. "Excuse me, I don't even talk to him nor see him. So how can you say that I still have connection with him?". "Who are you by the way to talk to me like that?" I asked.

"I'm his girlfriend" She answered.

"Okay. Are you scared?" I asked her.

"No, but I know him. So please, just be with your fiancé" She asked me. "I can't reach your standard. I'm just a nurse and you're a doctor".

"Okay, I get it. Why don't you just talk to your boyfriend? He's got the problem, not me. I am living peacefully, but he always gets on my way. You two, please stop wasting my time" I said and tried to be calm.

She looked at me and I looked back on her. I could've just use my time for resting instead of having an argument with this lady.

"I'll go ahead" I stood up and left her.

I don't wanna talk because she's not worth the argument. I'll just waste my time.

I went back and continued my shift.

I saw a message on my phone. I looked at it.

"Just stay away from Shawn, and I won't bother you anymore"

I already knew who it was from. I just ignored it and didn't replied. First of all, I was not flirting with him. I am faithful to Justine. He was the one who came here. He made a move not me. I ignored him co'z I know, it won't make my life better.

"You still on your shift?" Justine asked.

We were video calling each other. I already miss him.

"Yeah, few more hours and I'll be done" I said, sipping my coffee.

"Coffee again?" He asked.

"Only for today love, please" I smiled at him.

We talked for only five minutes and then I did my rounds on some of my patients.

"Hi Mrs. Williams. Feeling any better?" I asked one of my favorite patients.

"You came back" She said in a very low tone.

"Because I made a promise" I said and checked her.

"More than just a very good doctor" Her daughter said.

I smiled at her. "Thank you ma'am"

"Have you taken your meds?"

"Yes, doctor" She answered.

"Good job" I replied.

"We're very happy for you doc. Soon you'll start your own family and I know you'll be a great mother"

It made me smile. I didn't know they care for me. They made me realize that I chose the right path.

I left them with a smile. And went back to work.

Thank you for reading. Stay tuned for more updates. Lovelots!!!

Road to 4k loves!!!