3

The five weeks that we spent traveling in Europe were amazing. It was nice for all of us to be able to catch up as a family with limited distractions. I got to see monuments and buildings I never thought I'd be able to see. 

I was extremely blessed to live the life I did.

It was the ride home from the airport that I began to think about the fact that Parker and I kissed. I began analyzing the whole situation and he kissed me first.

Like what? It was confusing as hell to think about.

"What's on your mind?" Lydia asked me as she helped me unpacked

I frowned, "Why would you think something is on my mind?"

Lydia knew me so well, she is my big sister after all. She was away a lot because she went off to college in Michigan. Sometimes, I wished she was around more often but I knew that she was happy where she was.

"Because you just been looking deep in thought for the past few hours." She pointed out

I grabbed a bikini from out of my drawer, "I appreciate your help, Lyds but I'm gonna go try to tan now."

"You're so stubborn!" Lydia groaned as I walked into my bathroom

I changed into the strapless hot pink bikini and then headed to the pool. I put on some sunscreen then tanning oil before I laid out.

Everything was fine.

I was reading The Beautiful and Damned while listening to my music. I didn't have to worry about entertaining any guys or schoolwork,  just getting rid of my jetlag.

Or at least I thought so.

It was so peaceful until Asher and Parker came running outside to jump in the pool.

Oh fuck.

I sat up and took my earbuds out to see what Tweedledee and Tweedledum were up to.

"We gotta throw another party, bro." Asher started as he pulled himself out of the pool, "Maybe a smaller one tomorrow?"

"Yeah, yeah, but my parents will be gone the last week of summer so that Saturday. We're getting fucked up." Parker said as he sat on the edge of the pool

Ash had a smug look on his face as he shook his head, "I'm gonna go grab some waters right quick."

He walked past me, "Want something dork?"

"A Sprite and for you to get some class." I grinned 

Asher rolled his eyes as he walked into the house.

I put my book down and sat up as Parker walked over to me.

"Someone sure grew up over the summer, didn't they?" Parker spoke

I was trying to listen to his questions asking about Europe but his body. His fucking body. I guess this is why people were attracted to football players. He had nice arms, but those baby abs that were starting to peek out were a little better.

"Oh my gosh, Ellie are you even listening to me?" Parker asked, waving his hand in front of my face

He moved my legs out the way so he could sit on the edge of my chair.

"It was nice." I answered simply

"You went to Europe for five weeks and all you can say is that it was nice?" He scoffed, "The girl who is literally reading F. Scott Fitzgerald. I think you can give me a little more."

I took my sunglasses off, "Okay then, P, what did you do? Did you fuck bitches get money? Drink until you were almost in liver failure?"

"No,  I actually have been interning with my Dad, five days a week for eight hours a day. Then I've been doing football camps and training. We did manage to go to Hawaii last week for six days though, it was kinda rough." He explained to me

I actually hate myself for everything that left my mouth.

I assumed the worst of him when he seemed like he was trying to do better.

"Mhm." I said as we maintained eye contact, "Then I'm proud of you."

"Thank you, I noticed that you really noticed that I was putting time in the gym." He winked as he leaned closer to me

All of the pool water was dripping on to me.

"Parker, you're getting me wet!" I complained as I gently pushed him away 

Parker smirked, "If you think that's wet, you haven't seen anything yet."

My jaw dropped, "I can't stand you."

"Lies!" He said standing up

He held out his hands, signaling for me to put my hands out.

Parker pulled me off of the chair, wrapped his arms around my waist, and started to walk over to the pool.

"Parker!" I yelled as I laughed, "This is why I can't stand you!"

Before I knew it, both of us were in the pool.

"You know, Ellie, you always say lying is a sin but for someone who can't stand me, you love being around me." He pointed out

Fuck. He knew how to read me now.

"Come to the party tomorrow." He spoke while Asher walked out with our drinks

I wanted to say 'Why? So you can kiss me again?' but my brother was right there and that would be dumb to do.

"She doesn't need to party." Asher decided for me

"You don't know what I need." I said to my brother, "I have to go meet Lilia, but you two dumbasses be safe."

I got out of the pool and went to my room.

I didn't have to meet anyone.

I just wanted to take the top off of my Jeep and drive around for a while. Maybe even get an acai bowl or something.

So that's what I did. I even managed to do some light shopping.

It was later that night when I was in bed that Parker stuck his head into my room.

"I texted you, you should text me back. Regularly." He smirked before he walked out

I wish he would bring up the kiss because I didn't want to be the one to do it.

Later that night, I was walking past Asher's room when I overheard him and Parker talking.

"Did you seriously invite Peyton to the party?" My brother questioned him

"Yes, Ash, we were the same age and partying. Plus, she needs to get out of her room." Parker began, "She's not a baby anymore."

Mhm.