8

I was officially going to the Grand Fitzgerald Gala with the William Parker Fitzgerald. Even though his parents intimidated the hell out of me, I was excited to go with Parker.

And yes, I was still trying to figure things out with Skylar. We weren't official but we were still hanging out a lot. I guess we were in the "talking" stage, but not really. 

There was still that feeling that I was just doing this because my friends wanted me to. 

Plus I felt like I led him on so much that I had to commit to it.

But for now, I had to focus on finding a dress to wear to the gala.

"This is the one." Alena and I said at the same time

I looked in the mirror at the dress that I knew would drive Parker crazy.

"Does Asher know you're going to the gala with him?" Alena asked me as I walked back into the dressing room to change

"Yeah, my whole family knows." I answered, "It's not like anything is going on."

Alena scoffed, "Yeah it's not like you two haven't kissed or shared the same bed or anything."

You got me there.

"Yeah but seriously nothing is happening between Parker and I." I said as I walked out with the dress in hand, "Do we have flirty moments? Yeah but sometimes those moments aren't even verbal. It's the way we look at each other and stuff."

"Well, I already know that Parker likes you." Alena confessed

"Alena! What do you mean?" I questioned her

She looked me in the eyes, "I saw you guys talking at the party. You whispering into his ear, him hanging onto every word you say, the way that you only wanted him at the end of the night, the way he took care of you."

She had a point, a really good one at that.

"I don't know Alena, I just think Ash and Parker's friendship matters to him more. Which is completely fine and I understand that. I feel like he's so out of my league." I said after thinking about it for a while

Alena shrugged, "Didn't stop him from kissing you though. And you're not. You're hot as fuck and he knows that."

"He's never brought up the kiss again though which could be a sign of regret." I pointed out, "Enough about him though, I need to get Skylar sorted out."

The advice Alena gave me was to follow my heart as if life was a shirt from Justice.

But I tried to take her advice, I really did. Until Skylar led me underneath the bleachers after the scrimmage.

"I know things between us have been very weird and unofficial but Peyton, you make my world go round. Do you wanna be my girlfriend?" He asked me

Oh, shit.

Peyton, what have you gotten yourself into? Now you're just standing there looking stupid as he stared at you all doe-eyed waiting for a response.

It wasn't that I didn't like Skylar. I just fell in love with the idea of Skylar that I made it up in my head

"Uh, could we talk?" I croaked as I saw Parker make eye contact with me as he walked by

Fuck..