30

Parker's POV

While everyone else my age was at school the whole week, I was in business meetings in the big apple. 

There were moments I'd rather be in calculus because the business world was overwhelming. Then again, I was so lucky and extremely fortunate. I had things lined up for me that some people could only dream about.

At the same time, I wondered: why me?

I was the luckiest, unluckiest man in the world.

I landed back in California late Friday night. I took some time to wind down and tried to come to terms with everything that was thrown at me over the past week. 

It was nice to get out of the shower and see that I had a missed FaceTime call from Ellie. I missed her like hell. 

Missing her would catch me off guard. I would see something that would remind me of her and I would want to call her. I missed the way she laughed at my stupid jokes, her personality, and most of all, just simply her.

She had my heart and she always would.

"Hey, baby." I greeted her

She smiled, "Hey, I miss you. How are you?"

"I'm a little tired, just finished unpacking. Was physics boring without me?" I teased her

Ellie nodded her head, "So boring, Daxton Dixon keeps staring at me. It's kinda weird, I don't know."

"Gross, he definitely knows we're dating. If he keeps doing it, I'll say something. But what are you doing tomorrow?" I asked Ellie

"My friends are coming over but what are you and the boys doing?" she asked me

I shrugged, "I think we're going to some bar by UCLA and then going back to Jack's house. Something chill. Do you wanna get something to eat tomorrow?"

"Yeah, do you want to do dinner? My parents are forcing me to go to Asher's baseball game and it's at two." she informed me

"That works. You can pick where we go." I decided since I had no idea where I wanted to go

She gave me a smile, "Cool, so how was New York?" 

I opened my mouth to reveal something that would probably break us apart but I just couldn't.

"It was enlightening, got to catch up with some people, spend time with my Mom." I decided on saying

Ellie and I talked on the phone for another hour before I accidentally fell asleep on her. Which was funny because normally she was the one who fell asleep on me.

"Good morning, Parker." My Mom smiled at me from the island, "Do you want me to make you some eggs and toast?"

I nodded, "That would be nice."

As she got up, I sat down at the island.

"So have you told Elizabeth?" My Mom asked me

I bit my fingernail, "No."

My Mom turned and frowned, "You need to tell her Parker."

"I know, I know, it's just hard." I expressed

"I get that but the sooner the better, don't you think?" She asked as she made my eggs

I sighed, "Sure."

There was a letter with my name on it from the California court and I began to open it. My mom turned around as she heard me ripping the paper.

"What is that? Did you get a ticket?" She wondered