20

I was sitting at the island in the kitchen with my ACT book, a bowl of grapes, and a lot of focus. This had to be the worst part about junior year.

One stupid standardized test that determined your entire future. It was so dumb.

The door opened and in walked Parker and Asher. Both of them smelt like ass because of football practice and baseball workouts.

Asher lifted up my Act book, "That fucking sucks."

"Dad left you and Parker some new, unreleased clothes in his office." I said to my brother

He clapped his hands together, "Sweet, I'll be right back."

Asher walked out of the kitchen and Parker began walking closer to me.

"What are you trying to get?" he asked me

I shrugged, "A thirty or above would be nice, but I'm trying to be realistic here."

Parker wrapped his arms around me, "Don't be too hard on yourself."

"My Dad is in the living room." I whispered to him

I could feel Parker's lips brush over my cheek to my ear.

"I know." Parker trilled, "It gives me a rush."

As much as I loved having him so close to me, I did not want to risk being caught like it. What if someone walked in? Oh no, biggie, Parker is just helping me work on my grammar - this close to me.

I pushed Parker away from me gently, "Later."

Parker moved away from me but instead sat down in the barstool next to me.

"I got something to show you." Parker said as he clicked around on his phone. He grabbed my phone and started doing something with it.

"What are you doing?" I questioned him

"I had to accept you first." Parker smiled as he pushed my phone back towards me

I gave him a look, picked up the phone, and looked down.

I looked up at him, "Parker, you're so cute

I looked up at him, "Parker, you're so cute. And so is the picture of us."

I put my hands on his cheek, "I appreciate this so much."

Parker placed his lips on mine.

"Zibby! What do you want for dinner?" My Dad's voice yelled from a distance

Parker and I quickly moved away from each other. My Dad walked into the kitchen.

"Oh, hey Parker." My Dad grinned, "Trying to help Ellie get a thirty like you did?"

I looked over at Parker, damn he was smart.

Parker nodded, "Yeah, I think she's got it in the bag though."