27

Parker's POV

You would think after the biggest force of evil in your life went away then life would be all rainbows, cupcakes, and puppies.

It was the exact opposite.

I had to watch my Mom struggle to accept the fact that her husband cheated on her and died with his mistress. On top of that, it was hard that so many people were a witness to it.

No one knew what Caroline Fitzergald, excuse me, Caroline Reid's next move was.

Well, my Mom's way of copping was acting like my Dad didn't do all of the shitty things he did.

She still made me read some bullshit eulogy at his funeral that was hard to get through.

I miss the days when I was younger and I actually looked up to my Dad. All I ever wanted to do was be like him and make him proud of me.

I always wanted him to be proud of me, which is probably why I hurt so bad growing up. No matter what I did or accomplish it was never enough for him.

He had so much power over me.

Even in death he was sending me into a downward spiral.

I couldn't find the strength to go back to school. There were a lot of sleepless nights, grumpy mornings, life just seemed to be an endless dark tunnel these days.

Even though I felt so sad and so lost, I felt nothing at all at the same time.

My best friend wasn't talking to me, my Mom wasn't helping, and my Sister got out of California as soon as she could.

It'd been almost three weeks since the accident and I still didn't feel like myself.

I'd wake up in the morning just to go back to bed again.

That's all I felt like doing - just lay there and feel numb.

Ximena walked in and opened my curtains.

"Mr. Parker, your rooms resembles a pig-sty." She commented as she kicked the empty chip bags and other trash, "You haven't left the bed in days."

"I just don't have the energy." I mumbled

Ximena sighed as she cleaned up my room, "Your mother is throwing a big dinner party tonight, she says it is happening with or without you. Keep this between me and you but I think she has a new accessory named Brian."

My eyes got wide, "I would say I'm shocked but I'm not."

I put the cover over my head, "Don't worry about cleaning up, I won't be at the party tonight either."

She pulled the cover off of my head, "Have you talked to your girlfriend?"

"Small talk over text." I admitted

She frowned, "Why?"

I sighed, "I mean, she is Asher's sister and he won't talk to me right now. I guess I'm just trying to create some space or something."