14

I was somehow expected to go to Parker's house and only focus on a stupid physics project. It was hard enough sitting next to him in class.

The side door opened and there was Parker.

"Hey, bought the stuff?" He asked me

I held up a Target bag, "Everything you asked for."

"Perfect, but just know my parents are here. They're about to go out to dinner though but you don't have anything to worry about." Parker said as he let me

"Why don't I?" I wondered

Parker shrugged, "They just like you."

I could hear heels clicking closer to us, "Will, who is that?

Mrs. Caroline walked into the kitchen wearing a black dress with black pumps and an ornate diamond necklace.

"Elizabeth!" Her face lit up, "What are you doing here?"

"We have to do that physics project. Remember the one I told you about?" Parker reminded her

She nodded, "Right. Well, we're taking the yacht out with some friends. I'm not sure what time we'll get back, we might sail overnight to San Diego. I'll let you know. But the weather is supposed to get bad so we may just stay in Catalina or something."

"Have fun and be safe." Parker mumbled

Parker's Dad walked into the kitchen as he buttoned up his shirt. He didn't notice me in the room first then he stopped and stared.

"Elizabeth!" William exclaimed, "Nice seeing you here. How've you been?"

"Well, how about you?" I asked William as he finished buttoning his shirt

William looked at him, "I can't complain. What are you doing hanging around this dufus?"

Parker gently punched his Dad's shoulder, "That's no way to talk about your one and only son."

"Besides." Parker started as he put his arm around my shoulder, "Ellie loves being around me to work on physics."

I grabbed on to his hand, "You wish."

"Keep him in line." William winked, "Hold down the fort, Will. Good luck on the project."

His Mom gave me one last smile, "Nice seeing you again, Elizabeth."

"You too." I spoke as they walked out of the house

Parker moved away from me but I held on to his hand until I couldn't anymore.

"Alright take out the duck tape and the eggs, I'll go get the other component," Parker said to me before he walked out of the kitchen

I took the things out of the bag and sat down on the barstool. Parker came back with a toilet paper roll.

"Parker, you can't be serious." I wondered

He threw it up in the air and caught it, "It's gonna work, trust me."

"I don't have any choice but to trust you, do I?" I pointed out

Parker sat down next to me, "All we need to do is take out the cardboard, put the egg in, wrap it in duck tape, and boom - we're done."

I grabbed the toilet paper roll and started to take out the cardboard, "We'll see about that." 

"Your relationship with your Dad seems to be better." I pointed out as Parker unpacked the duck-tape

Parker and I always talked a lot about how he wished his relationship with his Dad was better. He always felt as if he were miles away from his parents because they never really connected.