5

"Where are you going?" Asher asked as I stood in the doorway of his room

Parker was sitting on the beanbag chair, on his phone. He looked up at me for a moment and gave me a smile.

He was over here all the time and seeing him after everything that happened drove me crazy. He was so cute and attractive without even trying. I was jealous that he could just do it so effortlessly. 

My Dad was in Florida for work, my Mom was out getting her hair done, and Lydia was back in Michigan. So it was just Asher and me - well and Parker.

"Santa Monica with Alena, her boyfriend, and another person," I answered my brother's question

Asher sat up and turned towards me, "Who is another person?"

I didn't want to answer because Parker was right freakin' there. Then I thought about it. Did it really matter? What was going to change?

"Skylar O'Connor." I announced, "I'm leaving now."

I quickly walked out of his room and down the stairs. I wonder what both of them were saving and thinking right now.

Guess I'd never know.

I went to Skylar's house first to pick him up. He walked out wearing a loose tank top, black swimming shorts, and sunglasses. He was so adorable with his ginger hair all messy.

"Love a girl with a Jeep." He commented as he got into the front seat

I let out a small laugh, "Yeah, are you excited for today?"

"Stoked." He replied as I started to drive

My phone buzzed and the car announced that I had an incoming call from Parker. I pressed the red button because I knew it would be about so dumb shit so he could eavesdrop.

"You guys aren't a thing, huh?" Skylar made sure

"No, why would you think that?" I asked him nervously

Skylar shrugged, "You guys just seem close."

"I mean, I guess we are. I've known him since I was in first grade, but he's probably more Asher's friend than mine." I clarified, "Don't worry about him."

Then a light went off.

"You should come to his end of the year party with me next week." I mentioned 

Skylar made a face, "He definitely wanted to kill me the last time."

"He really doesn't care anymore, he wants it to be big anyway." I began, "Just come! I'll be there, so will Alena, it's gonna be fun. The last hooray before school starts."

He took a deep breath and sighed, "Yeah, ok, I'll come."

"Good, it'll be fun." I spoke happily

We picked up Alena and Tristian before we headed to the beach. 

Even though the water was cold, it was nice to lay out in the sun. I got to know Skylar a little better than our 'wyd' text messages and forehead Snapchats.

I learned that he was one of three boys, his parents were both lawyers, and he was also on the basketball team. Even though Skylar was nice and all, there was something about us together that didn't click.

But I just wanted it to not be like that so I pushed the thought to the back of my head.

I had fun throwing around the frisbee on the beach or trying to skimboard. Lunch was even good. We all kept up a good banter, but there was still that thing.

I was in the car alone with Skylar as the sun was setting. We just dropped off Elena and Tristian who couldn't keep their hands off of each other in the backseat of my car.

"Tonight was fun." He said to me as we sat in his driveway

"Yeah." I agreed. I avoided eye contact with him by staring at my steering wheel, nails, even my flip flops.

Skylar put his hand on my cheek and turned my face to him.

"I-" I started before he cut me off with a kiss

Uhh.

I kissed him back lightly before I pulled away.

"Night," I mumble as I turned back to my wheel

He got out of the car and walked inside.

I felt a moment of bliss but at the same time, I felt like I was digging myself into a hole.

"Dammit, Asher! Answer the phone." I said to myself

My Dad was out of town, my Mom was probably having a wine night with her girlfriends, and I was left with one option.

"Oh so now you want to return my call?" Parker spoke sarcastically

I rolled my eyes, "Where is Asher?"

"He's with someone, gettin' busy if you know what I mean," Parker informed me. I gagged just thinking about my brother and some girl. "What's up?"

"I'm about ten miles from being on empty and I need someone, preferably a male to meet me at the gas station since it's dark." I let him know

"Ok, where are you?" Parker wondered

Yes! A victory in my book.

I sent Parker my location and ten minutes later, he was at the gas station with me. He even pumped my gas.

"So, how did it go?" Parker asked me

Was I going to let him know everything? Hell no, I had to keep him on his toes.

"It was okay." I admitted, "I also invited him to your party next weekend to bother you."

Parker gave me a look like a you've got to be kidding me look. 

"You know what?" Parker said, turning to me

"Hmm?"

"I would be mad but I'm happy you're coming." He winked as the gas pump stopped

I closed up my gas tank, "Thank you, William."

Parker leaned down to whisper in my ear, "No problem, Elizabeth."

He kissed my fucking cheek. Then he just stared at me with that stupid smirk of his. How was it possible to be this sexy?

Oh my God, Peyton, stop it.

"I can't stand you," I said as I fumbled to look for my car key

"You don't need keys to drive me crazy," Parker yelled as I got into my car

I laughed as I stopped to turn around to look at the guy standing next to a black G-wagon.

"Honestly, you're the cheesiest person alive." I realized, "I love that you're finally showing some emotion."

"¡Para ti, mi amor!" He said back to me, "I'm not getting into my car until I see you pull off. I gotta make sure nothing happens to you."

I gave him a small smile, "Thank you again, Parker."

I got into my car and smiled to myself.

Oh, Parker Fitzgerald.