28

Asher: come straight home. you, parker, and me need to talk.

"What's going on with you?" Zara asked me as I put my phone down.

I sighed, "Looks like the trio is facing the elephant in the room after school. Can we reschedule shopping?"

"Damn, let us know how that goes." Alena asked of me

"You and Parker are the hottest couple right now." Lilia added on as I gathered my things

Alena nodded, "That's all everyone has been talking about today."

I grinned, "At what price though? We're about to find out."

"We aren't finished talking about you and Fitz!" Lilia yelled as I walked away

I was hoping after this little meeting that there would still be me and Fitz.

The whole driveway home, I couldn't take my mind off what was waiting for me. Would Parker and Asher kill each other? Did I cause Parker to lose his best friend in the entire universe? Were things ever gonna be the same?

"Everyone is in the formal living room." My mom looked up from her laptop, "I'm supposed to be the arbiter if things get nasty."

I rolled my eyes as I put down my things, "Oh Lord."

I walked across the house to the formal living room where Asher and Parker were sitting at opposite sides of the couch just staring off into space.

"Hey." I said to break the silence

I sat down in the chair was that besides the couch.

"Well, I'm happy we could all meet like the young adults I know that we are." I began after a solid thirty seconds of silence

"Yeah, let's just get to the elephant in the room. When did this start? Like when did you guys realize that you liked each other." Asher asked Parker and me

I looked at him and he looked at me.

"Well, I guess for me it was when you and Dad went to Alabama and Parker threw a party. I got really foggy" I paused after remembering my Mom was in the kitchen, "Then Parker got mad at me because Skylar and I were getting pretty cozy so he took me to his room. We fussed then I called him my brother then we kissed."

"We just started talking more after we got back from Europe and now we're here." I ended my side of the story

Asher looked over at Parker.

Parker shrugged, "I mean you've known for four years that I've had feelings for her."

Asher pinched his lips, "Yeah that is true."

"I just don't get why you guys didn't tell me. That was a shitty move on both of your parts." My brother continued

Parker rubbed his temple, "I told you in eighth grade, freshman year, sophomore year, and junior year. You shut me down each time with that disgusted look on your face. We just figured if we figured out how we felt about each other without anyone knowing then it would be easier to ease you into it."

"Ok, Parker, excuse me if I don't trust you with my little sister. You have a new girl every week and then just let go of them like it was nothing." Asher defended himself

"Now I know that was shitty but you wouldn't let me have the one girl I wanted plus you didn't live in the Fitzgerald house." Parker's vein in his neck was sticking out as he spoke

Asher groaned, "Parker, you're a trust fund kid, your life was really hard in that house."

My jaw dropped, "Asher that's such a dumb thing to say. You sound just like -"