25

It was the first weekend after the new year which meant one thing: the first annual Vincent Keller charity gala ball.

As soon as we got back from Colorado there was so much that needed to be done. My mom was constantly on the phone with caterers, worrying about the centerpieces, and making sure that all of our clothes for the ball would coordinate.

I don't know why the thought it would be a good idea to come back the day before the gala.

It was nice to have my sister back in town and catch up with her over our vacation. I couldn't bring myself to ever tell her about Parker and I - I think it was better that way.

Lydia and I were wearing burgundy while my Mom was wearing a gold shimmery dress. Asher was wearing a burgundy suit jacket while my Dad was wearing a gold brocade jacket.

My dress was simple but I loved it.

It was a strapless burgundy dress with a sweetheart neckline with a mermaid silhouette. My hair was in simple loose curls with statement earrings. I also had on gold sandal heels even though you couldn't see them.

"Awe, my babies!" My Mom beamed as she took pictures of Lydia, Asher, and I, "You guys grew up so quick, I wanted you to stay little forever

"Awe, my babies!" My Mom beamed as she took pictures of Lydia, Asher, and I, "You guys grew up so quick, I wanted you to stay little forever."

I hope she remembers that she said that when we get on her nerves.

"Alright, Mom, we need to go before we're late." Lydia interrupted her reminiscing

"Parker's family is at our table, right?" Asher asked my parents

My Dad nodded, "Yes, son, they did help us plan a lot of it."

"Great then it won't be boring if he's there." Asher spoke. He wasn't lying, Parker could make anything fun.

"It was never going to be boring." Dad quickly corrected him

I grinned at Asher, "Exactly."

"Shut the f-" Asher began before my Dad cleared his throat sternly, "Let's go get in the car."

All five of us got into an Escalade and drove to the venue for the ball that was in the heart of Los Angeles. I absolutely loved the venue especially the stained glass ceiling.

There were so many people here, my Dad's organization had so much stuff at the silent auction, and the line up for the live performers was amazing.

"Vincent!" William Fitzgerald *the first* stood up. I scanned the table and made eye contact with Parker who had a soft smile on his face.

"P, what's up?" Asher greeted his best friend which broke the eye contact between us

Lydia hit my arm softly and looked me in the eyes. Her eyes were wide and she was looking at Parker then back at me.

I knew what she was hinting at but I walked away like I didn't understand.

I wondered around for a little bit and I ran into both of my grandparents who I just saw for Christmas, some aunts, some of my Mom's country cousins, my Mom's country brother and sister who were a real hoot.