22

This chapter is in Parker's POV

Fortunately, we had the whole week off of Thanksgiving. But how unfortunate was it that I had to spend the majority of it in New York.

From Sunday to Friday I was in New York with my family. My Dad was in "business" meetings most of the time while my Mom, sister, and I took full advantage of being in the city.

My family had a whole ass penthouse in New York because we were there so much considering that New York was the headquarters for the Fitzgerald hotels. 

Normally I enjoyed the city but this trip was absolutely terrible.

We didn't land in Los Angeles until 11:35 on Friday. I so badly wanted to call Ellie and tell her about everything. I decided against it because it was so late and I didn't want to tell her over the phone.

I just wanted to see her in person so I could touch her and admire the way she looks at me. So I waited until the next afternoon.

My parents were out, Bailey was back at college, and I was home alone as usual.

"Hey, baby." Ellie started as she walked into the family room

I forgot that I gave her a key.

I stood up from the couch and went to hug her. She wrapped her arms around me and held me tight.

"I missed you so much." I broke the silence

She kissed my cheek gently, "I missed you more, how are you?"

"I'm better now that you're here." I grinned - first real smile in days, "Much better."

We sat down on the couch and I held her in my arms.

"Is this Lucifer?" Ellie wondered as she looked at the TV screen

I nodded my head, "Yeah, I've been binge watching it since last night."

"It's really good." She began, "How was your trip?"

I ran my hand through my hair and cracked my knuckles.

Ellie sat up and turned towards me, "Parker, what's going on? What's wrong?"

"How do you know something is wrong?" I spoke defensively

She took a deep breath, "You instantly started dropping your head, you're cracking your knuckles, the veins in your hand are popping out, and you're gritting your teeth."

Damn, sometimes I forgot that she's known me for such a long time.

"I don't want you to feel like I'm putting all of my problems on you." I proceeded with caution 

She put her hands on my shoulder, "Parker, I know, just tell me. I'm not going anywhere unless you cheated on me on something, then I'm leaving."

I rubbed my forehead, "I would never cheat on you, but that's the topic."

I moved my hands away and looked Ellie in her eyes.

"My Dad has been cheating on my Mom." I broke the news, "I caught him and his mistress while we were in New York, he doesn't know that I know. Plus I stole his phone and it's been going on for a while."

Ellie's face dropped, "Damn, Parker. I don't really know what to say. That's extremely shitty and I can't believe that he would do something like this. How long has it been going on?"

I pressed my lips together, "A whole fucking year. The day I caught them that was their "anniversary". I went to the Manhattan Fitzgerald hotel because I like the view and I walked into the suite and there they were. He didn't even notice me."