21

According to Wikipedia, a debutante is described as a young woman of or upper-class family background who has reached maturity and, as a new, comes out into society at a formal "debut" or possibly. Originally, to display the young woman to eligible bachelors and their families with a view to marriage within a select circle.

And well, in our city it was that time of year, debutante season.

This year I was on the sideline but next year I would be in the game.

Alena and I spent the whole day of the ball getting ready. We got our nails done, facials, and our makeup and hair done. It was nice to spend a day getting pampered.

Even though everyone got all dressed up for the ball in suits and ties, the real fun started after all of the debutantes were introduced. People would sneak alcohol in, book hotel rooms to get fucked up in (or fucked in), plus it was just fun to dance the night away.

"Do you know who is at our table?" Alena asked me

I nodded, "Asher, Jessica unfortunately, Ellie who is Jessica's friend, Jack Clayton, Brooke who is Jack Clayton's new fling, you, Daniel, and of course Parker."

A smirk came across Alena's face, "You and Parker at the same table as Asher?"

I grinned, "It'll be fine. It's just annoying because Asher and Jessica keeping trying to push him and Ellie together."

"That's kinda funny since he calls you Ellie." Alena giggled, "Daniel said he'd be here to get us at 6."

I looked over at the clock and it was already 5:45. Daniel was Alena's new little flame. He ran track, he was funny, kinda dorky but that's what she liked about him.

"Where's Parker and Asher right now?" Alena questioned as we changed into our dresses

"They got a hotel room or hotel rooms in plural I should say. One to get dressed, one for their mini party." I answered her question

I looked in the mirror. The dress was the perfect black dress. It loved the strapless sweetheart bodice, wrap detail, and the shimmery fabric.

 It loved the strapless sweetheart bodice, wrap detail, and the shimmery fabric

I had my hair in loose curls with dangly earrings that were for my Mom. I paired the dress the nudes heels and I was ready to party.

Alena had on a gorgeous red off the shoulder gown with lace-up heels.

"You girls look gorgeous!" My Mom spoke as she burst into my room

"Thank you so much, Mrs. Keller." Alena beamed while my Mom adjusted her hair

My Mom looked at me, "Your Dad and I are just gonna have a quiet night in. If you drink or anything, call me and I'll come to pick you guys up."

I nodded, "Perfect."

"Daniel is here." Alena informed me

"Alright, Mom we're gonna get going." I told my mom as I picked up my clutch