29

This year was my first Valentine's Day having a valentine other than my parents.

Parker loved Valentine's Day - he was one of the cheesiest people alive.

"Hi, Daisy!" I greeted the adorable golden retriever as I walked outside

Daisy was Parker's newest love. He was volunteering at an animal shelter when someone brought in a golden retriever that they didn't want anymore because they said she was getting too big.

Next thing I knew, Parker was calling me telling me how he adopted this four-month-old golden retriever named Daisy.

Gosh did Parker love Daisy.

She had so many toys and a huge bed. Plus a huge house to run around.
Parker loved this dog and spending time with her.

I think that they were both helping each other.

"We just got back from a light jog." Parker greeted me with his shirt off. This was quite the Valentine's day gift already.

He hugged me as I looked at the cute little picnic he set up.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Ellie." Parker beamed as he held a huge bouquet of roses

My eyes were so wide and I could feel the heat in my cheeks, "Parker! Oh my gosh, these are beautiful."

"Not more beautiful than my girl." He winked

It was nice to enjoy a picnic while the sunset even if we had to do homework doing it. I also liked that it wasn't anything too fancy, it was just perfect.

By far the best Valentine's day ever.

-

On February nineteenth, I celebrated my seventeenth birthday with the people who meant the most to me: Parker, Asher, Lydia (over FaceTime), my parents, Alena, Zara, and Lilia. They all came over to my house on a Tuesday night just to have dinner with me.

What made that night a little more special is that it was the first time Parker posted me on his Instagram. It might seem small in retrospect but for a minute (or a few hours) it was everything to be. It was like the final validation that I met something to him, after all, he never posted girls.

My parents left for South Korea on Thursday and they were going to be gone a whole week. I think the fact that their son was a notorious party thrower always slipped their minds.

And this weekend was a school dance, God help us.

This was the first school dance that I was seriously excited for and counting down the days.

I had my hair, makeup, and nail ideas, I bought my dress, plus I had the perfect date.

Saturday came pretty quick between all of the tests and homework assignments I had this week

I kinda hated that my Mom wasn't here to help me get ready or drive me to appointments but I guess this was getting me ready for college without her.

It was a good thing that I had my three best friends in the world to keep my company.

"So you and Fitz." Lilia began

All four of us were sitting in a booth at a salad shop. Everyone just got their makeup and hair done. We looked somewhat out of place but who cares?

"Yeah?" I looked up with a small smile

I honestly loved talking about Parker. Like hell yes, that's MY boyfriend.

"You really like him. How many months has it been?" Lilia asked me

"Only four but yeah, I really like him," I confirmed