9

I was sitting on the couch with Alena working on our calculus homework. The school year was already starting to get hard and we weren't even that deep in.

I could hear the creakiness of the side door open up. Which was weird. My Mom was out getting things for dinner, My Dad was out of town for a business meeting, and Asher was out getting things for his big trip on Saturday.

"Mom?" I called out

"It's me." A familiar voice spoke

Parker walked into our TV room and sat down next to me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him as he pulled out his phone

"Asher is supposed to give me something, is he not here?" Parker asked me

I shook my head, "Shopping for Vanderbilt. He needed more shorts or something. Don't worry, he should be back in five minutes."

Alena gave me a look.

"Oh, Parker this is my friend, Alena. Alena this is Parker." I introduced them formally even though they'd seen each other so many times "I realized that I've never formally introduced you two."

"Hi, Alena." Parker waved. "By the way Ellie, I've known her name and face since I was like twelve. I know she's your best friend."

Noted. 

Alena gave him a small smile, "Nice to finally meet you. Ya know, formally."

"Yeah." Parker chuckled.

He took a quick glance at my work, "Number two should be a negative one."

Whatever Parker.

But I went back to check my work and sure enough, he was right.

I looked up at him, "Thanks."

"So how is your new boyfriend?" Parker got out

"Uh, he's okay just still new." I answered nervously, "Also, not my boyfriend, we're taking things slow."

Parker nodded, "Figures."

"You seem as if you don't like him." Alena interjected

"Nah, he's a good guy, Ellie. I just don't like seeing him kiss you." Parker clarified

I smirked, "You don't?"

"No." He ended, "Can I see the dress?"

I looked him in the eyes, "We've been over this a million times, you can't see it until Saturday."

"Ugh, you're so mean to me." Parker fake complained, "I'll see you later. I'm gonna leave you two to the math."

He ran up the stairs to what I assumed the game room.

"I told you." Alena mumbled. 

-

Every time I kissed Skylar, l I kept thinking about what Parker said.

"Nah, he's a good guy, Ellie. I just don't like seeing him kiss you."

And I hated it because I was finally starting to enjoy Skylar. I loved that he was always eyeing me and laughing. I also didn't mind that he paid for all of my food.

But I hated it when he asked me if my Dad could sponsor him in the future after family dinner on Thursday night. It made me so uncomfortable. Even if it was a joke, I hated it.

Other than that, I liked Skylar.

My Dad seemed to like him but maybe that was just because they both played baseball. My Mom was one of those people who didn't say much because she tried to read people. Asher wasn't there because of football practice. But I didn't hate that he wasn't there because he'd probably report everything back to Parker.

I also liked Skylar because he pushed all of those thoughts about Parker to the back of my mind.

Or he did until the ball on Saturday.