18

The next morning I woke up in the arms of William Parker Fitzgerald and this time, it wasn't a dream. All of the other times that I was in his bed, sleeping with him it was a dream. But this time it was real and I loved that it was.

"Morning beautiful," Parker spoke as he hugged me tight

I stretched and then sat up.

"How long have you been up? You could have woken me up." I asked Parker

Parker shrugged, "Only about fifteen minutes but you just looked so peaceful. I didn't want to disturb you."

I brushed Parker's hair and admired him.

I fell into his chest, "You're so damn cute."

He wrapped his arms around me, "You wanna go get brunch?"

"I mean I don't really have cute brunch clothes but I do wanna spend time with you." I answered his question

"We can go to Pantry Cafe in Los Angeles, it's super casual. Plus we'd get out of Beverly Hills." Parker proposed

I nodded, "That's perfect."

I climbed out of his bed and walked over to my bag.

"Are you driving?" I asked Parker

"Of course." He agreed

I took out a shirt and some shorts out of the bag. 

Parker winked, "You can change in front of me now that I'm your boyfriend, no big deal."

I raised my eyebrows, "You're my boyfriend? I must be dreaming."

Parker shook his head, "This is real life baby."

Baby.

My heart started to beat a little faster and my smile got a little wider. The way he said it was so soft and cute.

"Do you remember how bad you wanted me on Friday night?" Parker began

"You know if our conversation didn't happen last night I would say 'Me? Want you?'. But I don't remember." I somewhat lied, it was a foggy memory

Parker got closer to me and put his hand on my lower back, "You don't remember that you confessed that you purposely pushed your butt onto my dick?"

I could feel my heart racing.

"You don't remember slipping your hand under my shirt like this." I felt his hand touch my bare back, "And I can't forget that you took off your sweater."

I looked him in the eyes, "Not all."

"I call bullshit." Parker disagreed 

I smirked, "Haven't I always commented about how smart you were?"

He placed his lips on mine and moved his hands to my waist. My favorite person that I'd ever kissed even if I've only kissed two people. 

"You're the best now let's go get ready." I said to him as I moved back

We both put on super casual clothes and Parker even gave me one of his sweatshirts. We spent our forty-minute drive to brunch talking, singing songs, and constantly making sure that we were being lowkey. 

"Are you going to the Cotillion?" I asked Parker. We were sitting in the booth eating french toast, bacon, and eggs.

He nodded, "Yeah, I can't wait for your's. Your Mom is going to be so happy when you do. Speaking of your mom, Are you going to tell her about us?" 

Had the thought run across my mind? Of course. But I knew it wouldn't be the best decision. My Mom did have a big mouth at times.

"Not right now. At least not before Asher knows. I thought about telling Lydia tonight, we're having a sister's night but I just want to keep it between us for now." I decided

"I'll try to get everything figured out as soon as possible. Promise." he assured me

"I know you will." I spoke, "So Halloween is next weekend, are you throwing your usual rager?"

He shook his head, "I'm gonna let Clayton handle it this year. I was thinking that we could actually take my parents' yacht and go out to Catalina Island instead. Unless you had plans."

I was honestly going to do whatever Parker did. Even if it meant acting like I wasn't his girlfriend at some party.

"No, Catalina Island sounds amazing especially with you." I agreed

"It'll be more fun than any party." Parker began, "Maybe I'll even cook for you. A nice steak maybe?"

I raised my eyebrows, "Oh really now? I'll believe it when I see it."

"You'll see it." he assured me

After brunch, Parker and I walked around downtown Los Angeles, holding hands which was a big move. It was nice to be a little far from home and not have to worry about seeing anyone. 

When we got back to Parker's house, I drove home immediately before my family started to get suspicious. I just hoped that they wouldn't be able to smell Parker's sweatshirt on me.

"Hey, sweet pea." My Mom beamed as I walked into the living room. She put down her iPad and patted the cushion next to her. I plopped my bag down and sat down.

"Did you have fun?" She wondered

More than you know.

I nodded my head, "Parker is a good date."

"I know, I just love that boy. He's such a sweetheart." My Mom commented

"He is. It takes a while to get it out of him though." I agreed with her

She sighed, "I guess when you have parents like that it's hard to be open."

My Mom definitely was not a big fan of Parker's parents. She hated how they constantly ignored him and left him yet held him to these extremely high expectations. It was the main reason why he was always welcomed in our home, no matter what time it was.

"You know, Elizabeth, he's always been nice to you. He even has puppy eyes when he's around you." my Mom mentioned

Oh my gosh. 

All of these years and she's noticed it.

I scoffed, "What are you insinuating, Mom?"

My shook her head and picked up her iPad, "Nothing, darling."

She knew that he liked me. She saw it before I even did.

"I'm going to go shower." I told her

I got up from the couch, got my things, and went up to my room.  I showered, washed my hair, and unpacked the bag that I brought to Parker's house.

Then it really hit me.

I'm dating Parker, my brother's best friend. The Parker who had all of the girl's attention, was so damn attractive, and was an amazing football player was dating me and he actually wanted me. It felt like a dream.