4

I didn't go to Parker's party.

Not because I didn't want to go, I really wanted to go. I even had a dream about Parker bringing upstairs to his room and it was driving me crazy.

If I wasn't going to Parker's party, I had to occupy myself somehow. So I decided to go to Santa Monica with Alena.

We took the top off of my Jeep and drove to Santa Monica blasting music. It was nice to let your hair blow around in the wind and sing songs with your best friend.

"So what's going on?" Alena asked as she ate cheese fries

She was my best friend and I knew anything I told her would stay with her.

"Uh remember the party we went to at the beginning of the summer? The one at Parker's house." I bought up

Alena nodded, "What about it?"

"Uh, Parker caught me kissing Skyler. Parker got really defensive and what not. We went up to his room, he sobered me up, and out of nowhere he kissed me." I told Alena

Alena was the first person to know about Parker and me and it felt good to get it off my chest.

Her jaw dropped, "Shut up! You're kidding! Have you seen him since?"

"Yeah." I confirmed, "He didn't bring it up. It wasn't awkward or anything but he wanted me to go to his party tonight. I didn't go to the party to see if he noticed that I wasn't there."

Alena shook her head, "You and Parker, wow."

"We're not like a thing or anything. I just, I dunno." I vented to Alena

"Would you ever date him?" She asked me

There have only been a few times in my life when the thought of Parker and I dating crossed my mind. When I was ten, my freshman year of high school when his body started to turn in what it is now, and now - when he kissed me. 

I've literally watched Parker grow up.

So I've also hated the fact that I've seen some not so great things.

The fact that he made out with a bunch of girls, slept with God knows how many. 

Plus there was the fact that he was my brother's best friend. It would be so weird.

But he was also Parker.

"I don't know." I shrugged, "Asher would be so pissed off, I just know it."

Alena grinned, "Oh for sure."

She shifted in her seat, "Let's think about some pros of Parker Fitzgerald. I'll start he's a cutie, a senior, varsity football, loaded."

"Senior could be a con also, what happens when he goes off to college?" I mentioned to her

"Don't think about that, give me another pro." She brushed off

I thought about it, "His muscles, this sounds weird but he has nice hands, I like how outgoing he is - sometimes, I just wanna get to know him on a deeper level than Asher's best friend."

Alena pointed behind me, "Well if you're looking for a way to make him kiss you again, there's your guy."

I looked behind me to see Skylar walking with his friend, Tristian. Tristian also happened to be Alena's boyfriend and there was nothing I liked more than to third wheel with that two.

I watched as Alena jumped up from her chair and ran over to Tristian.

God, I just knew that things were about to awkward. I chucked down the last of our cheese fries before I walked over to join the three of them.

"Hey!" Skyler spoke first as he opened up his arms. I gave him one of those awkward side hugs as Alena talked to Tristian.

"I expected you to be at Parker's party." I said to him

He shrugged, "I haven't been since that one at the beginning of the summer. I thought it would be awkward to go after he blew up at me."

Tristian faced us, "Yeah, what was up with that?"

Alena smirked as she leaned on Tristian.

"He was just tipsy, you should still go though. He might not even remember." I suggested

Tristian scoffed, "Fitzgerald remembers everything. He was kinda snubbing you at football workouts too."

Oh, Parker.

"Enough about, Parker!" I interjected, "You know what?"

"What, Pey?" Alena wondered

I stood a little bit taller and lifted my chin, "We should all go to the beach tomorrow and have a fun day."

Alena look shocked that I was the one to initiate plans or a double date as she would put it. She looked so pleased with by the smile on her face.

"That sounds good." Skylar agreed as everyone nodded

"Perfect." I ended 

All four of us walked around the Santa Monica pier for a little while before we called it a night. I was nervous for tomorrow but I had to get my mind off of Parker.

When I walked into my house, it was dead silent which was to be expected. Lydia was probably at one of her friends' houses or in her room and Asher was at Parker's.

"Hey." I said sticking my head into my parents' room. They were both in bed but my Dad was dead asleep and my Mom was on her iPad.

"Happy you finally made it home, Elizabeth. Have you talked to Asher?" My Mom questioned me

I shook my head, "He'll probably sneak in around dawn like how he always does. Fun night at the country club?"

"So-so, those kinds of people get on your nerves after a while." She laughed

Even though my Mom could push my buttons at times, I really did admire her. Unlike my Dad, she didn't come from money. She was just a kid from a small town in Tennessee who got a full ride to UCLA where she met my Dad. 

Then the rest was history.

"Yeah, I get that." I responded, "I'm gonna go get ready for bed, night."

"Goodnight, Elizabeth." She said solemnly as I walked out of their room

My Mom already unmade my bed and put fresh flowers in the vase that sat on my nightstand. I showered, washed my hair, and decided on which bikini to wear tomorrow.

I laid in my bed watching Netflix for a couple of hours and then my phone buzzed.

Well, looks like he was expecting me at his final big party of the year. He just confused me so much.

Damn you, Parker.