Chapter 29 ~ Mistake

Infinite.

Infinite.

Infinite.

Phantom Ruby.

Phantom inside the Ruby.

Phantom.

Get out of my head.

I will open your eyes, host.

Stop. You're... altering me.

They are... not... my friends. They are my enemies.

Gadget glances at me nervously as we stare down at the situation below us. I didn't meet his eyes, mine were locked down below, brows furrowed in concentration. I tried to think out a plan, but my mind was clouded, pain was blocking out any chance of a functioning mindset.

It felt like someone was crushing my skull. My fingers fiddle with the bandages surrounding my right hand. We had grabbed some extra medical supplies from one of the rooms up in Robotnik's base. Even though I still had some gauze of my own, it was a somewhat gold colour, burnt. I'm surprised it wasn't completely black, it made me wonder if I really did create such a powerful forcefield around myself and erase the sun. I try to push the thought about the sun out of my head. I can't think about that now. It's too bizarre. I mustn't let it distract me; I must be at my top condition. This can wait.

My entire body had gauze and bandages over it, wrapping up the heavily bleeding areas, or the largely affected areas. It didn't really do anything for the pain.

I could barely move my gaze from the scene below. Shadow, Sonic and Silver were trapped by Infinite, all in their own confinements. Sonic was almost completely submerged in water, and I know he can't swim. Is water his biggest fear?

Shadow was on his knees, fists pounding against the glass of the giant test-tube-like thing he was trapped inside. Blood gushed from the wound in his stomach. I squint my eyes, jaw slightly dropping. Shadow looked like he was hyperventilating. He looked... scared.

Silver was bleeding out, hands trapped in giant restraints. He was swaying, on the verge of passing out from blood loss.

One thought passed through my head. I must save them. I must protect my brothers.

Infinite was standing stiffly, facing away from the Hedgehogs. He was moving his head repeatedly, like he was trying to shake a thought away. After a moment, he stops. Infinite stares blankly ahead, unmoving. The white ribcage on his back facing us.

I look at Gadget, he stares at Infinite, eyes wide and confused. There was something else in them. Fear. That is only logical, I think this is his first time actually seeing Infinite in person.

My head turns back to Infinite, a deep-seated rage stirring inside. Nearly ever cell in my body wanted to charge at him and tackle him to ground. But then I must take into consideration that I am nothing compared to Infinite. He had powers I could only dream of wielding. Not that I would want them. And I... am powerless. Or at least the "powers" I should have are dormant.

And he let me fly into the sun. Did he want me to stop it or did he think I was going to turn into dust in an instant?

Infinite then clutched his head all a sudden, ducking down, red glitches tearing apart his body. A dark purple aura surrounded him. He stumbles to the side a bit. I was uncertain of how to process and react to this.

Infinite falls to one knee, hands moving to crush over where his ears would be under the mask. Cubes surround him, swirling around him like a whirlwind, a tornado. Strange flashes of images surround him as a disturbance in the wind surrounded the area. Me and Gadget could feel it from up here.