Chapter 31 ~ Monster

I don't want to fight anymore, I think. I'm done. I just want that evil monster to die. I'm tired, I can't keep this up for much longer... I can feel myself fading away.

Rouge and Amy nod at each other before charging at Infinite. Amy rushes towards him with a battle cry, hammer raised high. Rouge flapped her wings, grabbing her handguns from her holsters and aimed them Infinite.

I try to get myself to move, to charge with them. But I can't. I can't move. It felt like I was rooted to the ground, and the rest of me that wanted was worn out by exhaustion. Half of me wanted to tear Infinite apart. The rest of me wanted to fall to the ground and cry. Cry that I just watched Sonic fall to his death and I had done nothing about it.

All I could do was watch Amy and Rouge charge. Rouge fired her handguns at Infinite as she started flying a circle around him, Infinite held up a hand and absorbed each bullet.

While Infinite was tracking Rouge, Amy got up behind him. She jumped into the air; hammer raised high. Just as Amy was about to bring the weapon down on Infinite, he turned his head to look up at her.

He held out his other hand to Amy, a large red forcefield formed around his hand. I wanted to scream. I wanted to tell Amy to stop. I wanted to tell Rouge that charging head-on wouldn't work with Infinite. Nothing does. I wanted to tell them so many things. But I can't. I can't do anything. It feels like I'm only there to watch as my life constantly crumbles around me. Like I'm going through the motions, but unable to make any impact. I either feel too many emotions or nothing at all. I want it all to stop.

When Amy's hammer hit the forcefield, it created some sort of shockwave, and it knocked Amy back. She soared through the air, her hammer slipped out of her grasp and fell onto the metal flooring. I finally gained movement in my aching body again. I ran and jumped into the air, grabbing Amy by her hand then landed on the ground, bringing her down with me.

Amy stood there in shock for a short moment as I let go of her hand. She looks to me, nodding a thanks before rushing to pick up her hammer. It felt like a part of me left with her. I couldn't tell her about Sonic. But this is a battle, this isn't the time. Amy will get emotional, and it will cloud her thoughts. This will only end up screwing you up in battle.

I scramble trying to think of what to do to support Rouge and Amy in the battle. I have no weaponries. Infinite destroyed my firearm, and Gadget's assault rifle has no more ammunition. There weren't exactly any weapons laying around. Not even any rocks that I could throw.

My head turns to the side, looking at where the edge of the tower was – which was a good hundred or so feet away – and the battle below. I could see the chaos from the combat even from up here. I wondered, for just a moment, if I should run down and try to find a gun.

Then I turn to look back at Rouge trying to swoop down and kick Infinite in the face. Infinite avoided it by bending backwards. He countered by conjuring a cube and hurled it at Rouge. She tried to fly out of its way, but the red energy caught up to her. Rouge let out a cry of pain then fell out of the air and landed on the ground nearby.

Amy tried to charge Infinite again. She decided to remain grounded this time and swung her hammer at Infinite again. Amy let out a yell of effort. Infinite raised his arm to block, a small forcefield starting to form. Amy's hammer hit him before a good enough shield was formed, Infinite got hit back. His feet never left the ground, and he slid across the metal, hands in fists.

Infinite looked at his slightly bruised forearm, and growled in agitation. "Brawny, aren't you?" He lowers his arm, glaring at Amy.

Is he finally getting weaker again?