Chapter 1: CALM BEFORE THE STORM

The scene starts off in Future City. A monorail is coming to a stop at the station, and opens its doors to let the passengers off. Though out the dozens of people leaving, one in particular was a teenage boy with short brown hair, brown eyes, light tan skin, he's wearing a black school uniform on with a backpack and dress shoes.

This was Arcturus.

As he walked, he had some headphones on while listening to music:

The city was packed with people walking to different places, cars going through the streets, and a few flying vehicles. As Arcturus was walking, he was stopped by a voice.

???: yo, Arc!

Said boy turns around, takes off his headphones, and sees a Spanish kid around his age, with shaggy black hair, green eyes, and in the same uniform. He runs up to Arc and the two fist bumped.

Arcturus: Jaime! What's up man?

Jaime: not much, just heading to class, same as you.

Arcturus: over slept again?

Jaime: you say that like it's a bad thing. (Beat) have you seen Yuri?

Arcturus: she said that she'd meet us there. So, how about we don't keep her waiting?

Narrator (mom): Jaime and Yuri have been Arcturus's best friends since they were kids. They first met in first grade, then stuck together all the way to Horizon Academy. Even though they don't spend every day together, the moments they share are enough to last forever.

The two friends arrive at Horizon Academy. Unlike other schools, this academy provides a learning experience for all fields of work. Due to the nature of this world's people, the government set up a school where students can gain an experience in all fields.

(With the wrath of the heartless, the government decided to have artificial births in an effort to lessen the darkness in people's hearts. Meaning that not only are the people born unnatural, but they're 'programmed' to have a specific role. Some are meant to be store owners, or artists, or even become the President. But, Arcturus was a natural born, so, he has free will on what his role will be)

Arcturus and Jaime are walking through the halls, when a group of kids walk up to Arc and try to pick on him.

Justin (leader): well, well, look who decided to walk on through.

Jaime: we go here, dude. Besides, shouldn't you be off to class?

Bud (big dude): not yet. First, the boss wants to speak to your friend here.

Justin: (starts messing with Arc) you know, every time I look at your face, I just hate you.

Arcturus: (says nothing but has an unreadable expression)

Justine: what's the matter? Gonna start crying?

Arcturus: (retains expression) take a good look... Do you see any tears?

That seemed to take the bully back a bit. Before they could do anything else, a teacher walks by and the group takes that as their cue to leave.

Jaime: man, how do you do that?

Arcturus: (smirks) I get that from my mom.

Cue Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop

The rest of the day goes well. Arc took his classes, (including art, theatre, hand to hand combat, crime scene investigation, computer and engineering science, etc.) met up with friends, and would get all his work done. At the end of the day, Arcturus and Jaime left the academy and were heading to a Clocktower.