Chapter 19: SPEEDSTER MAY CRY

The scene first shows a memorial service at the art museum. On every news station, they were covering the story of Richard Farron's death. The whole city payed silence to the artist, and would give condolences to his family. Speaking of which, they were having a ceremony to cremate his body. Some friends were gathering the wood, and a few friends were speaking with the family.

Serah: (hugs Lightning) I'm so sorry, sis. I can't imagine what you're going though.

Lightning: (returns hug) thank you, Serah. And I hope you never have to.

Narrator (mom): they break the hug, and Lighting sees a man she wouldn't have expected to see at this moment.

Lightning: it's been a long time, Snow.

Snow: yeah. Listen, Light, after everything that's happened... I want you to know I'm really sorry. Richard was a good man, and didn't deserve to die.

Lightning: thanks, Snow.

Snow: (beat) how's Arc?

Lightning: (sighs) not so good. He keeps telling everyone he's fine, but he's not.

Off in another room, Arc was in a black suit and sitting alone. After learning what happened to Chelsea and seeing his father killed, it left a deep scar in his heart. A regular person would be mourning, but after he recovered from his Anti-Form, he tried to frame from darkness by trying to stay strong.

Arcturus: why wasn't I fast enough?

Clara: Arc, you can't blame yourself. We both saw it, Cronos wanted to break you. He did this to try it.

Arcturus: I still don't understand him. He wants to fight me, but he also wants me to fight the Soulless. Why? What is he looking for?

Clara: don't worry about it today. You need to focus on your family. Not a psychopath.

He doesn't respond, and instead looks down at his right hand. Due to the transformation, his hand was wounded and retains a scar on it. He could still use it and summon his weapon, but he doesn't take off the bandages. He then remembers a moment from his past.

*FLASHBACK*

A nine year old Arc is running into the art studio where his father is in the middle of painting something. He sees his son and puts his brushes down and kneels down to his level.

Richard: hey buddy. What's up?

Arcturus: I wanted to draw with you, daddy! Can we draw?

Richard: (smiles) sure kiddo.

Narrator (mom): The two then walk over to a desk and pull out some paper and crayons, color pencils and markers.

Richard: what do you want to draw?

Arcturus: I want to draw you, mommy and me!

Richard: ok, buddy.

As they drew, Richard was lost in thought for a moment. His son noticed this and became curious.

Arcturus: what are you think about, daddy?

Richard: I was just wondering, have you decided on what you want to be when you grow up?

Arcturus: I don't know yet. There's so many grown up things to do.

Richard: (chuckles) yeah, there's a lot of stuff to do. But you know what? That's ok. When you're older, you'll decide what you want to be, and who you are. And when I look at you, I see this spark inside you. It's amazing! Whatever you do with it, you'll be great.