Chapter 30: VACATION DAY

The scene begins in the FireFly where Arc and Ruby and sparring. Neither of them weren't using their weapons or powers to test each other's strengths. Weiss and Yang were on the sidelines and Blake was reading a book she found in the library. Their match continues until Arc swept Ruby's legs and she went down.

Arcturus: (helps her up) you're getting better.

Ruby: thanks. But, I get why you didn't want me to use Crescent Rose, but why not my semblance?

Arcturus: for the same reasons I don't always use the Keyblade and my speed. What if there comes a time when you can't use either? You'll need another way out.

Yang: you always prepare for the worst?

Arcturus: I was raised that way with my family.

Blake: well, it's not a bad thing to be ready for anything.

Weiss: (looks at the book) what are you reading?

Blake: this book I found in the library. By the way, Arc, that place is massive. How do you navigate through there?

Arcturus: there's a map to help. Which book did you pick?

Blake: it's a little more about the Keyblade War. Apparently, the war itself has been going on for centuries. Even before the unions and the Foretellers. Some of the wars are as big as theirs, and others are smaller that other worlds don't know about them. But, there's been small mentions about a wielder called 'Tyr the Traveler'.

Arcturus: I've heard only his name. Aside from that, I can't find enough information on him.

Blake: (looks through more pages) you're right. Just that one mention of him and then nothing.

Yang: you think Cronos wants to start another war?

Arcturus: wouldn't surprise me. Speaking of him, any sign of him, Clara?

Clara: nothing yet. In fact, Soulless activity has been low today. Only the small local verity.

Weiss: that's a little odd.

Ruby: (imaginary lightbulb pops up) hey, since things look mellow today, why don't we take the day off?

Clara: that actually would be a good idea. Arc hasn't really taken a break since the Qliphoth in Radiant Garden.

Yang: we actually haven't either. So Speedy, how about it?

Clara: by the way, Arc, you have a letter from your aunt and uncle.

Narrator (dad): Arc runs to the main room and opens a mail box that was sitting at the hallway. The girls followed him and they went to a living room.

Weiss: (sits in a recliner) if this was a house, I'd buy it.

Ruby: (sits on the couch with Yang and Blake) true that. So, Arc, what does it say?

Arcturus: (opens the envelope) Dear Arc, we've been keeping track of your progress, and we're glad with how far you've come. So, as a reward, our friend, Scrooge McDuck, gave us a few lifetime passes to the Oasis for you and your friends. Keep up the good work, and we'll see you when you get home. Love, Aunt Sarah and Uncle Snow.

Ruby: what's the Oasis?

Arcturus: well, like Future City, it's a world created from multiple different colonies. It pretty much the ultimate vacation spot. It's also one of the few places that chaos doesn't really happen. And, they have just about everything, from shopping centers to museums. Though, it's not as beautiful as the World Lion Turtle.