Christmas one-shot: a special gift.

Timeline: years after KH3 sequel (and Time of the Keyblade)

The scene shows an older Arcturus fighting a giant Heartless with Sora, Riku and Roxas on Agrabaha. They were on their way to a get together with the rest of the gang, but they got called last minute to deal with a heartless.

Arcturus: we don't have time for this!

Roxas: agreed! We need to wrap this up, now!

Clara: it's health is almost depleted. A few more strikes and we got this!

Riku: alright, then. Roxas, Arc take the left. Sora, cover me on the right!

Sora: on it!

The four used there strategies and after a little more fighting, they won. They dismissed their Keyblades and began making their way back to the ship.

Sora: finally, that's finished. Now, we can get to the others for our get together.

Roxas: the Christmas edition.

Arcturus: yes! You guys got any plans for the holidays?

Sora: Kairi and I are heading to Radiant Garden to meet up with more of her family. (Turns to Riku) you sure you don't wanna come?

Riku: I am. I promised Xion we'd go to Aincrad to enjoy the holiday event.

Arcturus: that's right. How's she doing?

Riku: better. The first couple months weren't good, but she's better now.

Roxas: good. Naminé and I are staying in Twilight Town. Alex and Soren are finishing buying toys for children's donation.

Sora: what about you Arc? You going anything with the Mrs?

Arcturus: (smiles) we're going to Patch to meet up with our families. And her team will be joining us.

After defeating Xehanort and his darknesses, the team's lives were better. Each of them still protected the worlds and kept in touch with one another, but did change a bit. Terra and Aqua started a new generation of Keyblade wielders and having a family of their own. Ventus gains the mark of mastery and helps them. Riku and Xion started dating after the battle, and are now expecting their first child in four months. Roxas and Naminé are living in Twlight Town with their sons Alex and Soren. Sora and Kairi finally got together and have two daughters named Cam and Haru. And Arc and Ruby got married a few years ago.

Sora: speaking of teams, let's head to Destiny Islands before we get into more trouble.

Clara: agreed. But first, Arc and I should go to home first before Ruby has our heads.

*FUTURE CITY*

Arcturus arrives back home to find Ruby in the kitchen, finishing her last batch of cookies for tonight.

Arcturus: (hugs Ruby) hey, Rubes.

Ruby: (returns hug and then kisses him) you took your time. How is it you have super speed, a time machine, and an A.I. in your brain and still come home a few minutes late?

Arcturus: sorry. Got held up helping the guys with a Heartless. How was work?

Ruby: (sighs) long. I love my students, but it's exhausting sometimes.

After she graduated, Ruby became a huntress and after a trial run, she's a teacher at the New Beacon Academy. As for the other girls, Weiss took her place as the new CEO of the Schee Dust Company, Blake is leading the White Fang on a more peaceful path, and Yang's a freelance huntress traveling around and going on crazy adventures to help people. They all still hang out, and with Arc, they travel to different worlds and save people.

Arcturus: I'm sorry, honey. But, at least you get the holidays off to see your family.

Ruby: (smiles) we both do. Before we meet the gang, how about we open a present first?

Arcturus: like always.

It was tradition for them that before Christmas, they would open one present. They went to the living room where a tree was beautifully decorated and a few presents were under it, along with the stockings hung at the chimney. Arc picked up a gift he had been waiting to give and Ruby left the room before returning with a box. They sit on the couch and Ruby opens her gift first. Inside was a locket in the shape of her mother's emblem and had pictures of both her family, including her mom, and her friends.

Ruby: (smiles) it's beautiful. How long did it take you to make it?

Arcturus: a few months. Axel helped me get the metal for it, and it took a lot of forging to get the shape right.

Ruby: I love it! Thank you, honey.

Arcturus then opened his gift, but was a little confused. Inside was a metal piece of his lightning bolt emblem, Ruby's emblem, and smaller one that was a mix of the two. He's still lost until he moves the emblems and sees something at the bottom. Underneath them was a pregnancy test with a positive sign on it. Arc's wide eyed and looks up to see Ruby's smile.

Arcturus: is this legit?

Ruby: (nods yes) if you don't believe me, Clara?

Clara: (scans Ruby) you're right Mrs. Farron. There's another life signal in her abdomen.

Arcturus: (slowly smiles) you mean...?

Ruby: (smiles) in 9 months, we'll be having a little speedster in our lives.

Arcturus: (wide grin) oh my god!

He hugs Ruby and spins her around while she laughs. They had talked about having kids for a while, but didn't have enough time. But when Arc was given a vacation day and Ruby didn't have any classes to teach, they decided to "have fun". Arcturus sets Ruby down but they still hold each other.

Clara: (smiles) congratulations to you both!

Arcturus: how far are you?

Ruby: a few weeks. I took a few tests and went to Aerith to confirm it, and we're going to be parents.

Arcturus: do the others know? Yang? Your dad? My mom?

Ruby: aside from Aerith, you're the first.

Arcturus: (lowers down to her stomach) our own miracle. (Smiles and places a hand) I can't wait for them to come. (Stands back up) thank you for giving me the best Christmas gift. I love you, Ruby Rose.

Ruby: I love you, too, Arcturus Farron.

The two then kiss that lasted for a moment until they finally let go and grabbed the cookies and left to the party. Arcturus was always one to look into the future, but never his own. Not because of something dangerous, but because he didn't want to be spoiled on any surprises. And this to him, was the best surprise he had in a long time. And there wasn't anyone else he'd rather spend it with.

Author's note: Merry Christmas!
I hope you guys have a wonderful time with your friends and family.
I'm sorry if this isn't as long as the usual chapter, but I wanted to get this done on time. Plus I didn't want to spoil too much on the stories.
I will say that for the pairings I have so far are Arcturus x Ruby, Sora x Kairi, Roxas x Naminé, Riku x Xion, Terra x Aqua, Ventus x TBA (it's a secret for now), and Disney crew with their respective other. I'm still trying to figure out if Axel should have a pairing and who it should be. If you have ideas or suggestions, feel free to comment them.
I'm planning on writing more epilogues about this future, but that won't be till the sequel.
All and all, Merry Christmas to everyone, and happy holidays.

Next chapter: seven emeralds, two hedgehogs, one rotten egg-head.