Chapter 24: SHELL OF THE BEAST (MARVEL UNIVERSE part 3)

Time in World: 2023

On the FireFly, the scene shows Arc and Clara having lunch while in a kitchen like room. After a lot of the hard work they've been having, they decided to take a short break before going to the next world. While they were traveling, they found interesting ingredients to make different kinds of dishes to try. And thanks to the cooking classes he took, Arc was able to do them with no problem.

Clara: if you weren't an time agent, you'd make a great chief. It's too bad I can't eat any of it.

Arcturus: thanks. Maybe I can find i way to make you taste food and liquids. But, where would they go if you don't have a stomach?

Clara: it's probably better if we don't know. (Beat) have you heard from Ruby?

Arcturus: (sighs) no. I keep trying to reach out to her, but haven't heard from her. I just hope she's alright.

Clara: I'm sure she and her friends are alright, Arc. If we find their world, we can pay them a visit.

Arcturus: I'll like that.

Narrator (dad): their conversation is then interrupted by the red telephone ringing. Arc sets his food down and runs to the phone to answer it.

Arcturus: hello?

Steve: Arc, it's Steve.

Arcturus: Captain Rogers, it's good to hear from you. How have you been?

Steve: could be better, but we're managing.

Arcturus: so, what's up?

Steve: how quickly can you get to the Avengers Compound? We need your help.

Arcturus: are the Soulless back?

Steve: not exactly, but it's definitely something that we could use your area of expertise on.

Arcturus: I'll be there in a few minutes.

The boy hangs up the phone and runs back to the kitchen. He quickly cleans the dishes and puts the food in the fridge for later. Next, he runs back into the control room and sets coordinates to Marvel Universe. They soon arrive to Earth, but they notice something's not right. The city looked less lively than before, there were cars and boats looked untouched for a long time.

Arcturus: hey Clara, can you tell why everything looks more dark and depressed than last time we were here?

Clara: one moment. (Scans) this can't be right. According to the scans, exactly 50% of all life here has disappeared.

Arcturus: how exactly does 50% of life on a world just straight up ghosts?

Clara: I have a theory, but we should meet up with the Avengers to be sure of it.

The two arrived at the compound. They also see a ship that was similar to the Guardians of the Galaxy's ship, along with a unglued brown van. When they enter inside, they see Steve, Natasha (with blends of blonde at the end of her hair in a braid), and Tony in the main office.

Steve: (sees Arc) Arc, thanks for coming.

Arcturus: (salutes) it's good to see you again, Captain. Why do I keep saluting every time? (Puts hand down)

Steve: (chuckles) I haven't seen that in a while.

Tony: speaking of which, where have you been? Thor to,d us you helped him on Asgard, but then disappeared again. No one's seen you in years.

Arcturus: I've been a little busy lately. So, why did you called me here?

Natasha: A lot of people are missing, and we need your help to bring them back.